Renault Captur Forums banner

Captur Diesel under 42degC

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Vbl 
#1 ·
What is your advice using a car in the desert climate (above 42degC)

thank you
Hani.

#4 ·
Don't do it! It's only 2WD so will get stuck in soft sand easily. Also sand is very abrasive so the poor paintwork will suffer too.

If you are not going to venture into the desert itself, it should be OK although I wonder how the aircon will cope? At least with my first-gen Scenic, it uses the A/C system from the larger Laguna

#8 ·
Vegas5000 said:
I would not recommend the Captur in that kind of climate / environment .. the power is just not there to drag it over sand.
Just returned from Europe, no sand issue but temperatures in 30C+ and some serious electronic problems, everything played up from reversing camera to sat nav to phone connection to mileage display on screen.

#10 ·
IvorETower said:
If you are not going to venture into the desert itself, it should be OK although I wonder how the aircon will cope? At least with my first-gen Scenic, it uses the A/C system from the larger Laguna
I agree, the air con when on maximum just about manages to keep me cool with temps up to the mid 20 deg c.
Unless you enjoy cooking in your own juices, I would not bother.

Edited by: awq

#13 ·
Vegas5000 said:
"temperatures in 30C+ and some serious electronic problems"

Is everything back to normal now or is it still glitching?
Back to normal but so is the UK temperature.
Must also agree, air con is very poor. With two dogs in the back and my passenger had to keep bringing dogs on her lap in turns every couple of hoursto cool them down directly in front of the vents - very awkward and dangerousmanoeuvre with having to extend their buckled up leads to get closer to the vents over armrest.
I think back to Honda CR-v is called for...wanted to get away from such large car since retiring but lost on quality, reliability and general sense of security regarding the product

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.