Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Am considering purchasing self charging hybrid and with seeing whet people’s experience of the engine performance and efficiency is. My commute is about 40 miles a day. I’d say 3/4 of this is rural roads at around 40-50 mph.
I’m uncertain how much benefit in fuel savings I will see from having self charging hybrid. Obviously sales want to convince me I will make back the extra it will cost me per month but I’m unconvinced. What experiences/thoughts do people have?

·
Registered
2020 E:TECH Hybrid
193 Posts
Definitely the plug-in if it's within your budget. I've got one and would expect to get around 150 mpg with that type of use, even more of you can charge at work as well. Battery range will be around 22 to 35miles depending on the time of the year. I can't speak for the self charging version but perhaps around 60mpg?

·
Registered
2020 E:TECH Hybrid
193 Posts
I would be interested to know what the consumption is on a 300 mile journey. Figures like 150mpg are pretty meaningless.
The 150mpg quoted is not meaningless. If you read the post you will see it is based on what Jo O asked about "40 total. Mix of urban and slowish B roads. More urban around town at weekends ". On a 300 mile journey I would expect to get between 60 and 70mpg.

·
Registered
20 Posts
40 total. Mix of urban and slowish B roads. More urban around town at weekends
I agree with Switchback - if you can charge it every night, you'll achieve 100mpg+
If you sign up for an energy supplier with a cheap night rate (like Octopus Go) you can program the car to accept charge during the cheaper rate. I'm very pleased with mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts