Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<b style="letter-spacing: 0px; font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 11px; line-height: normal;">Good Points[/B]
<ul>[*]Looks[*]Handling[*]Power[*]Ride Height[*]Onboard Technology[*]ECO Mode[/list]

Bad Points
<ul>[*]Suspension - good around town, bouncy on dual carriageways[/list]

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's not really a problem, just my opinion. Some of the dual carriageways around here (Hampshire) are in pretty poor condition. I find that when I drive over a stretch with a series of small bumps the suspension makes the car wobble a bit.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Tyrfelin the car doesn't like bumps or very uneven roads! Nothing too bad that unsettles it in any way ro be honest...rather 'crashy' over potholes!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I actually like they way it handles around the awful (see a pattern emerging here?) local potholed town roads. My 05 Clio used to crash into them, I find the bigger wheels and suspension on the Captur deal with them much better.

The only time I notice what I consider a slight unsettling ("bounce" may be too strong) is over a stretch of uneven surface at highish speed.

It's not a deal breaker though; I noticed this on the test drive and still bought it. Glad I did, it's a great car!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So, 2.5 months in and I'm happy to report I've got used to the suspension. It is excellent around town (many potholes) and I don't really notice the slightly unsettled feeling when going over bumps at speed.

I really like the Captur, but I'm afraid I can't recommend it, simply because I've had to take it back 3 times (and due to go back again next week) in the first 2 months.

On looks, equipment and price it beats the competition hands down, in my opinion anyway.

It looks like most people on this forum are either not having problems or have only had one problem, so my experience luckily doesn't seem to be common!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Unlucky...must be the word for that.....I've had mine six and a half months and it's been totally flawless!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts