Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Captur (Dynamique MediaNav and Dynamique MediaNav S versions)are now available with the option of the six-speed EDC dual-clutch transmission on models fitted with the 89bhp dCi 90 diesel engine.

The new EDC auto model returns a claimed average of 72.4mpg and emits 103g/km ""“ the manual manages 76.4mpg and 95g/km CO2 emissions.

Prices for the EDC-equipped Dynamique MediaNav diesel start at £17,395. The Captur Dynamique MediaNav S dCi auto starts at £18,895. Both cost £1,000 more than the equivalent manual models.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Thanks for the update, Dan.
I am keen on Automatics, and have ordered the 120 EDC as the dealer told me that the diesel one would not be available for order until the last quarter. However, I would have gone for the more powerful petrol version anyway.

I am intrigued by the figures. Whilst the manual and auto are close, there is still a difference which surprises me. I know that on most automatics the oil pump in the torque converter adds to the losses. Even the BMW dual clutch has such losses as it uses an oil bath clutch. However, Renault have gone for the dry clutch method, so no torque converter issues there. Also with electronic actuators within the gearbox, I would have thought the gearbox controller would be set up for optimum, so maximum MPG there too, even though it has six gears instead of the five on manual Capturs. So that just leaves the weight of the auto gearbox.

Does anyone have any ideas on why this particular auto gearbox should STILL be lagging behind its manual counter-parts?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I find that strange as well crossbow.... In the past there has been a slightly higher fuel consumption on automatics....but part of the selling point of this car was that the EDC unit made optimum use and that fuel consumption could be the same, if not less. in the 120 because of its efficiency.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts