Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2020 S Edition TCe 130 EDC. Oyster Grey / Diamond Black Roof
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having received an email from Renault UK promoting the Captur, it was interesting when looking at the website, that for a factory order now, it seems the prices have increased and the factory fitted options have somewhat decreased!
I did a “build” with interesting and rather disappointing results.
The only extras that can be added to a factory order is spare wheel and colour choices.
Also it appears that the S edition now gets the same smaller central multimedia display as the lower spec cars but height adjustment of the passenger seat is standard plus 18” wheels.
Also the 130 BHP engine has been replaced with the 140 BHP unit.
I have only really been looking at the spec differences between my 2020 petrol S Edition and the 21.5 Model Year details so can’t comment on the lower spec versions Play or Iconic changes or indeed the Hybrid.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Wow - I am shocked (but I checked the website with the same result). If I were to buy today I would pay over £1000 more but could no longer get the following that I have on my car:

10" info screen
Colour matched interior trim
Sunroof
Shark fin aerial
"floating" console (and phone charging plate?)

OK so the engine is now more powerful, but I don't find mine lacking in that respect. I have the 18" wheels - they look good but don't help the ride. I am not sure if the initial trim was a launch special and they are now moving to the planned regular trim or if they simply were not selling enough of the top end models to justify the cost. Either way, for me it was the high spec interior that sold the car. This seems a backward step by Renault and one that may not help their sales against rival models from Citroen, Peugeot, Vauxhall, Toyota and SEAT.

I guess I can feel a little smug now that this will have a good impact on the residual value and saleability of my car.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve just done a “build” on the E-TECH version and this seems to be the only model that some factory fitted options are available on, i.e. Premium Parking Pack, ACC and BOSE sound system.
If that spec was desired with above options together with metalic, the “showroom” price is just over £33K.
Hope the discounts are generous!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I guess they are going to focus more and more on the electric version while the ICE versions are left to whither away. Electric cars are generally a lot dearer than the petrol/diesel equivalents and while £33k does seem a lot compared to other marques, not so much when looking the electric or plug in options.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I guess they are going to focus more and more on the electric version while the ICE versions are left to whither away. Electric cars are generally a lot dearer than the petrol/diesel equivalents and while £33k does seem a lot compared to other marques, not so much when looking the electric or plug in options.
Ok I understand

·
Registered
2020 S-Edition TCE130 Manual
84 Posts
I've just had a look on the Renault site and as far as I can see, the 130 hp version is no longer available. Plus the 140 hp engine in S-Edition trim comes only with a 7" screen and the larger 9.3" jobbie is only available 'in conjunction with' the 10" Instrument Panel. It seems the phew does have the larger screen. The previous coloured interiors are no longer to be found in the extras list, in fact hardly anything is. I'll stick with the TCE130, not worth considering an upgrade just for 20NM more torque. I don't have the facilities at home for a charger, so I'll continue with petrol and hope that sometime in the future they'll do a mild hybrid version of this engine (might improve the Stop/Start).

·
Super Moderator
2,756 Posts
Unfortunately Renault lost the plot in the UK some years ago. When I bought my Scenic they were on the up, taking around 9 or 10 percent of the UK market. However over the past 15 or 20 years, they have just not appealed to enough UK buyers with their models, options and pricing. Kangoo, Modus, Scenic, Espace no longer sold here. Go to the French website and there is a huge choice of vehicles and trim levels available, including several different versions of the Captur hybrid (however the 130hp engine seems to have been discontinued there as well)

·
Registered
2020 E:TECH Hybrid
67 Posts
I've just checked the PHEV and the only change I can see is that you can no longer get the 18" wheels as an option. The 17" wheels give a good ride and the handling is still OK so no loss there really.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've just checked the PHEV and the only change I can see is that you can no longer get the 18" wheels as an option. The 17" wheels give a good ride and the handling is still OK so no loss there really.
I think the sunroof is also no longer an option.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It wasn't an option when I got mine last year either.
That’s interesting as when I was looking at a factory order for a petrol S Edtion last autumn, I quite fancied the floating centre console but to get that it was only achievable with a ”pack” option that included the sunroof and passenger seat height adjustment but lost the roof rails.
At an additional cost of £1K, I decided that the standard console was OK was fine and I think the roof rails add a nice styling feature to the car.
( .......and of course useful ! )

1 - 12 of 12 Posts