Registered
824 Posts
Up until deciding on a Captur I have never owned a Renault so its unknown
ground for me,whenever I have looked at them in the past I have always
found the trim levels within each car range very complicating sometimes
having over long descriptive names.Apart from the personalization
available with the Captur thankfully they have just 3 variants just a
bit of research required as to exactly what you have with each one it
makes it easy keeping it simple in many ways its an engine choice!

Explore......I like that!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
It gets wrongly pronounced as captor not capture as it is actually meant to sound. Take note Renault sales teams who get it WRONG!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Tyrfelin...there's nothing wrong with the pronounciation of the name...it is pronounced slightly differently in every language. In English it would be capture and in Polish it should be Kaptur...but it's universal...and Captur in French...Once again I don't have a probkem with it...I'm not looking for everything to be anglicised!! It's maybe time for English speakers to have a bit of thought for names that are NOT English but come from somewhere else!!!
I'm Marek in Polish and Mark in English...but used to get annoyed at being called Mark as that wasn't the name given to me at birth!!
So sorry, the name given doesn't have to be 'logically' transkated into English!!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Captur is neither French nor English, in either language it should be ending with an ""e""�, i.e. ""Capture""�, to mean anything.
Capture (with an ""e""�), a verb and occasionally a noun in English and strictly a noun in French (the verb is ""capturer""�), originates from the French.

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

The name Captur chosen by Renault is probably a marketing gimmick as it is familiar and pleasing to both English and French speakers (even without the ""e""� at the end) and therefore suitably international.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts