Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys..Something that awq commented on in an earlier post got me thinking... How many of our members would be interested in an owners meeting somewhere?? Where could we have it??( Expect Ythsie to say Poland!!) When would be the best time of the year?? Who out there would be a good organiser?? Interested in your comments guys!!
meterman_56

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would definitely be up for a meet, but I don't have my car yet!!

·
Super Moderator
2,679 Posts
mak71 said:
I would definitely be up for a meet, but I don't have my car yet!!
Same here

·
Registered
824 Posts
Here we go then..........hows about New Brighton,Wirral............Free Car Park at the front of The Fort!!

As for when......... you cant suit everyone!!.........A Sunday would be good sometime!!

And no I'm not organising it......its a suggestion!!

TC

·
Registered
921 Posts
Stratford on Avon !

Climbs Abbey !

Warwick Racecourse. ! Warwick Castle !

Middle Lands !

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds good to me tc..I was there last weekend funnily enough...would set Perch Rock off brilliantly with a load of Capturs lined up...more suggestions everone!!!
meterman_56

·
Registered
215 Posts
been to one with the volvo s40 and met up with a few guys at strathclyde park a few years ago when i had the bmw 330d m sport and was in the e46 bmw forum , its a good day out meeting people that love their cars and having a chat and an enjoyable drive out
the volvo forum has regular meets all over the uk and the scottish ones usually happen every 3 to 4 months at various locations , the one i was at was up in perth

·
Super Moderator
2,679 Posts
Much as I'd love to visit Perth again, that's quite a drive for me ! I usually fly to Edinburgh or Aberdeen when I've been to Perth (then hire a car at the airport) and I doubt that many of the car rental companies have Capturs available

·
Registered
180 Posts
sounds interesting... but am no organizer either. i live in cambridgeshire so can get to the wirrell if needs be : )

·
Registered
428 Posts
I'm up for it. Agree that New Brighton water front would be a great backdrop.

·
Registered
428 Posts
graham59 said:
how about france it is the cars spiritual home after all
But .... Built in Spain !!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very true awq... the way I like to see Spain is through a pair of shades...lazing next to a hotel pool with a large Pina Colada in my hand...aahhh...pure bliss..
meterman_56

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok, I am new to forum ( I guess all of us are ! ) Just a small suggestion. The UK is not too small and to expect people to drive possibly 400-500 miles given the length of the country is a bit too far. Why not split the country into 4 - 5 regions and have regional meets. Then as the regional meetings more support, as the sales of the Captur increase, we could try to organise a UK meet. Just a suggestion. As a family man, as most of us will be, our family commitments may rule out a 2-3 jolly, whereas a one day outing can be easier to justify.Hope you are all enjoying your Capturs. I switched from a Grand Scenic to the Captur and I am happy with it. Obviously the differences are evident but the only thing I really missed is the automatic handbrake. I am still getting used to it after a month !

·
Registered
824 Posts
Hi Keefy.......I dont think anyone would ever expect anyone to travel too far for a day meet and of course regional meets would be the way forward should things develop down that route.........its all down to which one of us is daft enough to bite the bullet and call the first Meet........its a difficult oneas you can never please everyone all of the time........think we should just enjoy having our Capturs for a bit first,its evident by the lack of posts on this thread that no one is really that interested in meeting up at this time anyway..........having been a Meet organiser for another owners club it can be a soul destroying task and a thankless one to act for the good of everyone......hence my reluctance to call one as there will always be someone who will criticize what you do........sadly!!

·
Registered
355 Posts
I'm up for it too! Any excuse for a drive around.
We need a good backdrop for a photo, no point meeting if we can't get a photo..
Wirral is fine by me, not been there for years.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts