Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my brand new Captur MediaNav S on 7th September. Initial inspection showed scratched paintwork on the black roof above the drivers door. This ran the full length of the car. I was told it probably happened during delivery and it would be polished out. Took the car away and I am generally pleased with the car. A few days later I noticed that the inside of the front doors had not been finished properly as I can see grey undercoat instead of the Ivory paint. Returned to the garage yesterday and they are now raising this with Renault. I also mentioned the poorly fitted carpet and the water in one of the rear lights. I washed the car for the first time today. The car is covered in orange specks on the passenger side and at the rear of the car. The black roof at the rear has white specks. These are under the lacquer. So far I have reported the new problem to the garage. Does anyone know of any specific person I should be talking to at Renault. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Talked to Renault Customer Relations today. They contacted the dealer bodyshop to discuss the issue. They promised to contact me tomorrow with what could be done. I'll post progress.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for asking, nice to know someone is interested as Renault don't appear to be.
No further forward really since my last post. Constantly contactingCustomer Services to find out what is happening. They never seem to provide any sort of update unless pushed. I have been told that the issue has been passed on to the senior management and I did manage to have a discussion with them but still no further forward. Now feel that I am being given the run around between the dealer and Renault. Today I was asked to give it a week and then see where we are. Love the car by the way(excluding the finish) looks great from a distance.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
It does look great but such a shame you are having the run around from Renault and it's spoiling your new car experience.

What about having a chat with Trading Standards or the Citizens Advice Bureau - a letter from them on your behalf could be enough to get Renault to act.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yes lovely car - that was my first choice until I saw the Grey and black - I too am still waiting to hear from dealer re. The mistake with the exterior trim - they supplied chrome - I wanted black!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have already looked into trading standards and citizens advice. I was asked to give it a week and I will do that to see if they can keep their promise. After that I intend to look at other options.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi Max this is the exact same colour as the car I've ordered (mine will have black wheels) out of interest did you take any finance on the car as this might assist you in resolving your problem.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hi Maxx, its probably no consolation to say it really does look smart but if your struggling to get this mess resolved try getting in touch with Which as they are very good at things like this. Normally when the dealer realises their going to get a lot of negative press they start jumping through hoops. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi Max, Any more action/reaction from Renault? Such a great looking car...but it's horrible having this problem with something you should be enjoyiing!

Hope you're making progress!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Ythsie
Not much progress, lots of phone calls, discussions with Renault UK and Dealer. Dealer is trying to obtain a replacement car but Renault seem to be dragging their heels. There are issues with the costs of replacing the car apparently, which I'm not concerned about as it is between dealer and Renault. Today there is a paint inspector from Renault at the dealership to examine the car. I am not denying that the car can be fixed, the issue I have is that the car is not of a suitable quality for a brand new car. Hopefully I will have more information by tomorrow

·
Registered
588 Posts
hope you get the replacement car Maxx...even if they fixed the one you have for me it would have taken the shine off buyinng a new one. got my fingers crossed you get it sorted mate

·
Registered
824 Posts
I hope they offer you another NEW car .........if the offer is to "repair" it personally I wouldnt accept that.....its a new car and more than that a new model........it should have been perfect when you collected it........it wasnt!! thats a poor show not only from your dealer (if they were bothered at all it should have been spotted it had damage!) and Renault for allowing a car out in poor condition.I would say the damage has been done during delivery or by the dealer......shouldnt happen dont let them get away with it!
Good Luck sorry to hear of your problems!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts