Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I’m new to the forum. I bought a pre-registered 2020 Launch Edition Phev which was doing around 30 miles on electric set on Pure. Over the last few days the car only gets to 20 miles before it says it’s fully charged. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, are you talking about the mileage it displays for battery? Mine varies every charge, anything from around 25 up to 34 but I have concluded that it's hopelessly inaccurate, the same goes for combined mileage of petrol and EV. I had the display showing total available of 55 miles on a full tank and full battery. The only gauge point that seems consistent is the mid battery mark, it always seems to correspond to 11 miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, are you talking about the mileage it displays for battery? Mine varies every charge, anything from around 25 up to 34 but I have concluded that it's hopelessly inaccurate, the same goes for combined mileage of petrol and EV. I had the display showing total available of 55 miles on a full tank and full battery. The only gauge point that seems consistent is the mid battery mark, it always seems to correspond to 11 miles.
Yes in the car display and on the App. Ranges anywhere between 19 and 32 miles

·
Registered
2020 E:TECH Hybrid
172 Posts
Yes in the car display and on the App. Ranges anywhere between 19 and 32 miles
The display reading is just an estimate based on previous driving conditions/style the same as in an ICE car. I've had mine actually increase as I drive along if driving gently following a hard thrash for the previous journey. Actual mileage for mine is around 24 miles when it's really cold to around 36 miles during the summer months. Generally the display is extremely accurate if you do consistent journeys. I leave mine in MySense mode all the time and just switch to Sport if I want to have a bit of a fun drive.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Cold and hot can cause severe drop in mileage due to additional power requested: battery is just 7.5 kWh, and HVAC can draw up to 4 kW.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I tend to leave mine in "My Sense" mode with the save tab activated. I can't charge at home due to living on a main road property. So Once a week have to go to town and charge up. Using this mode I can normally lose around 30% ish over a week. Charging from around 70 %. Not ideal, but not the end of the world either.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Unrotunately the "mysense" is not working properly, it looks like it was mistakenly designed for a full-hybrid, not for a plugin, hence the ICE is continuously engaged/disengaged to wheels, with continuous gearshifts, causing incredibly high consumptions (10-15 L/100km!!). Instead it should just never engage to wheels: the 60 kW ICE is all we need to charge a battery connected to a 60 kW electric motor (although ICE can charge only at 30 kW, but the motor draws less than 30 kW at 130 km/h constant speed)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the 2021 Renault Captur E-TECH Launch Edition Plug-in Hybrid 160 Auto. I have had it since the end of May and I was getting between 25 and 34 miles on a charge. Now I am only getting between 16 and 21 miles on a full charge. This is a daily car and I charge it twice a day once when I get into work as I drive about 38 miles each way, this usually takes 3 hours. Then I charge it when I get home through the 3 pin plug, this takes about 4.5 hours. All was well for the first few months but now it just don't get much charge. Also the battery has completely died on me and the car has gone into performance restriction until the ICE eventually kicks in to start charging again. Spoke to dealer and they said I had to call out road side recovery first to check the battery before they can take it in. Next appointment to get into dealer isn't until 1st Dec. Anyone else having this issue???

·
Registered
2020 E:TECH Hybrid
172 Posts
You should get around 25/23 miles even when it is really cold under normal driving conditions. The car will go into "limited performance" mode for a very short period if you have for instance been driving slowly around a city centre as the car in that instance will make complete use of the battery capacity where as normal it only depletes to around 12% charge. The ICE will then cut in at fairly high revs until the battery is back to around 12% which only takes a couple of minutes.

When you say you are only getting between 16 and 21 miles on a charge, is that actual miles travelled or the estimated miles as displayed at the start of a journey?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts