Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, total newbie here, I am thinking about purchasing a captur and I am very impressed with the spec. However it doesn't mention whether it comes with an electro chromatic rear view mirror. Can someone who already own one tell me if the captur comes with this type of rear view mirror

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
STEVEA said:
I sometimes wonder why they bothered to invent the internet.
I've looked online, but couldn't get a direct answer. So I thought I would ask here. Yes it is a mirror which changes colour at night to reduce glare.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Not on the Captur but on the Tiguan I looked at they do frameless mirrors, sounds minor but looks so good without the plastic trim around them.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
HTP99 said:
Electrochrome rear view mirrors are a fantastic invention.
I disagree, I had an auto mirror in my BMW and it did my head in.
At night, all you could see were headlights behind you, you couldn't make out the vehicle involved.
So it could have been the police, you'd no idea.
I ended up putting a piece of tape over the sensor and making it a normal mirror.

·
Super Moderator
2,725 Posts
There's always one......

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
IvorETower said:
There's always one......
Any experience of one yourself?
It's odd, just seeing headlights behind you and nothing else.
Very unsettling on a motorway when it could be the police tailing you etc

·
Super Moderator
2,725 Posts
Yup, both my Fords have electrochromatic auto-darkening mirrors but the Captur doesn't. The auto-darkening mirrors are almost the best invention since sliced bread; I find them really useful at night

Edited by: IvorETower

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've had a couple of hire cars with these, I've always ended up turning the auto function off, I want more information from my mirror!

·
Registered
30 Posts
HI...with regard to HTTP99 post when did the signature get a dipping mirror ?
Edited by: Putnam

1 - 18 of 18 Posts