Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I have a 2015 1.4 Captur and recently fitted a reversing camera by tapping into the reversing light feed in the harness behind the vent cover at the LH side of the boot. This has worked fine for a while but now the reversing light and camera do not come on when reverse gear is selected. My handbook does not show the location of the fuse for the reversing light so I have removed just about every fuse to check but none are blown !. My instinct is perhaps a failed gearbox switch so could anyone tell me where that is before I start removing stuff to try and locate it? Also please advise me which fuse covers the reversing light ?

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Take a look at fuse and relays in the forum Search section, it may point you to the correct fuse. eBay has the switch for under £15

I think the greenish thing in the picture is the switch

Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Wood Motor vehicle

·
Super Moderator
3,013 Posts
Fingers crossed for you; if it's anything like the Scenic I had before my Captur, the gearbox-mounted switch for the reversing lights could only be accessed once the engine-gearbox had been moved. In my case that took years before the cambelt and clutch needed changing (at the same time) - large bill but I already had the switch to give to the local garage to fit, since I had bought it previously, expecting an easy task to change it.......

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fingers crossed for you; if it's anything like the Scenic I had before my Captur, the gearbox-mounted switch for the reversing lights could only be accessed once the engine-gearbox had been moved. In my case that took years before the cambelt and clutch needed changing (at the same time) - large bill but I already had the switch to give to the local garage to fit, since I had bought it previously, expecting an easy task to change it.......
Hope this is not going to be the same ! The reversing light is rubbish any way but I have fitted a pair of brilliant LED lights powered via the accessory socket as extras but have to be switched manually. Still got a problem though because the rear proximity sensors don't work either !!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Take a look at fuse and relays in the forum Search section, it may point you to the correct fuse. eBay has the switch for under £15

View attachment 991

View attachment 991
Thanks for the picture Dick but I can't see a thing in the engine compartment without removing the battery etc or going under and removing the undertray. I will keep looking.

View attachment 991

View attachment 991
Hi Dick - did what you suggested and printed off 6 pages of information and pictures of the fuses but the layout of those in my 2015 model is nothing like it ! Also your tip on checking fuses with a test lamp unfortunately not possible with my car because all the fuses have solid tops with no probe points so you have to remove them to check !!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts