Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am awaiting the Dynamique MediaNav version. Due to leave the factory around early September.

V. excited. Great looking vehicle.
Joined this forum to while away the time until it arrives.
Rgds

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is the configurator image of the vehicle I have ordered.

Regards

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Looks nice, those alloys will certainly make it stand out but bright colours really suit the Captur I think;

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Have you got it Crossbow? I'm interested because it's the model I'm patiently waiting for!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Ythsie,Still waiting, I am afraid. Due to leave the factory last week of September. Due to be delivered after import stuff and dealer finishing checks done. I will probably get it, second or third week of October.

Thanks for your interest.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Sorry to be asking you! There might be a chance that I get mine before yours...My one is due in the showroom on the 9th Oct, and they say everything is on schedule....fingers crossed...

I was interested in your status as you and I appear to have the 120 version, and everyone else is the 90 or diesel...

Well, here's hoping for a quick delivery for both of them!!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I chose the TCe120 EDC versionit hasautomatic transmission. My other half likes autos, and I am rather partial to them myself.
When I first ordered it, the diesel one would not have been offered to the UK until late 2013. There was an occasion in the past when diesels had to be driven for many many miles until they started to pay for themselves, as the initial cost for diesels was far greater than petrol versions. This does not appear to be the case now, and diesels are a good bet. But I will stick to petrol.

I like the 120 as it is just as powerful as my current 1.6 Megane (119bhp), but has a smaller CC (1.2cc with 120bhp), so should be as nippy as my Megane. With the dual clutch auto, Iam hoping for comparable MGP rating as the non-auto versions, and BETTER than the Megane. So I should win hands down.

RGDS

Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Well, believe it or not, I don't drive at all....but that does not stop me being a car enthusiast...
My partner and I decided on the automatic, and the only one available in pre-order was the 120 version.

Like you, I had heard that if you don't do large mileages, then it wouldn't make sense to buy it. It was also going to be much later in production.

From what I heard....( diesel owners don't get upset with me) it was meant to be sluggish although very frugal, and although the 120 is not a racer by any means, the box allows you to change down manually, should you want to...

They also say that it's economical becaise of the dual clutch!!

Onto a winner we should be!!!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Its still true to a point with the diesel. It benefits long mileage, and with the captur diesel you still have to take into account the DPF filter. Which doesn't benefit short trips as the car needs to be driven for at least half hour at higher revs to generate the heat needed to burn off the exhaust contaminants. Otherwise it gets blocked and can fail bringing a hefty replacement bill with it.
Edited by: Cj86

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Cj86...that's what I heard and you confirmed it...At least the petrol version won't have that problem...and the automatic means that the right gear will be chosen when driving...Thank God she can't see this!!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had an Espace with "tiptronic" style gear changer. I must admit there were times when manual changing comes in handy.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have been contacted by the dealer; he has been giving me regular updates. He said my car in now being built.

Won't be long now.

I have noted that when pressed even the most complex bits of kit can be put together rapidly. During the 1940's a British factory put together a Wellington bomber in 24 hours.

Now as long as our European partners can put my car together CAREFULLY, I won't mind if it takes a day or two ;-)
Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
About two to three weeks...that's what it took for my one to come from the factory once built Crossbow...

I'm away to see my one tomorrow and to pay for it...the worst part!!

You and I will have the first of the TCe 120's to report back on...I haven't seen anyone giving us a road report on it in the forum.

Pretty excited to say the least...If the weather's good I will take a few snapshots..

Look forward to you getting yours soon and getting your opinion on it!!

·
Registered
317 Posts
I am looking forward to seeing your pictures Ythsie, I think it's great others are posting pictures. It's good to see these lovely colours and combinations in the flesh.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update!
My dealer contacted me yesterday to say my TANGO (Arizona) 120 EDC is in the import centre here in the UK. They will complete some checks and throw it on a transporter to take it to Suffolk. Should arrive in the wilds of Suffolk by "middle of next week", unless it get hijacked by some marauding Iceni on the way through Essex. Armed guard and shot-guns needed, any volunteers?

I will set up the insurance once I get a firm delivery date, but ITS GETTING CLOSE!!!.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Great news crossbow...you'll be one of the first 120 EDC's on the forum in the Uk!

It's the first time I've been driven in mine and it's so smooth and quiet.. and comfortable.

We'll be able to compare notes!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Another future EDC 120 owner here. Congratulations on your purchase. Just out of interest when did you order yours?

I'm still about 8 weeks away after an order placed first week in August.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts