Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't decide between the two new French cross-overs? You're in luck because Auto Express have put together a comparison video which you can view below;

[TUBE]hi30Nbx42PA[/TUBE]

·
Registered
20 Posts
We looked at both before we ended up getting the captur. The Peugeot was lovely, but the two killers for it were:

It felt lower than the Captur.

The clutch was horrific, I am not sure if its a Peugeot trait but it felt like it was either on or off, very hard to feather.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I also test drove both. I thought the 2008 was a harder ride, the clutch was over sensitive and also the big chunky door handles dug into my legs while driving. The Peugeot salesman couldn't tell me how you updates the sat-nav maps, as there is no CD slot or USB connection.

And frankly, the Captur just looks a **** of a lot more funky!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Agreed, 2008's exterior is a bit bland and boxy for my liking. What engine did you test drive in the Captur??Edited by: Cj86

·
Registered
39 Posts
The 90 Petrol.

While not the most powerful in the world, the test drive took in town roads, motorway, a bumpy windy country road and steep hills. It performed adequately on all.

The motorway was the M62 heading towards Manchester, so I was happily doing 70mph on an uphill stretch. Not much power left to accelerate anywhere, but as I don;t do many long distances, it'll do me fine.

Sadly we live in a time where economy is a bigger driving factor in my decision making process that raw power....

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yep I agree, my civic now has about 140hp and I've only pushed it a few times. With all the torque so high up the rev band I'm never using the extra power. I barely do 6k miles a year. And if I wanted to blast it a bit the fuel gauge needle would plummet. Its thirsty and tax and insurance is high. Makes no sense in today's climate. I had more fun revving the nuts off the little turbo in the captur. Makes a pretty decent sound too! And saves me a small fortune each year!

·
Registered
335 Posts
A little strange that on the video review the Renault wins yet on the head to head written review they place to 2008 in first place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts