Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning All,

Having done a quick forum search, although there are a few threads related to this, I cannot seem to find a definitive answer.

Has anyone got/purchased a copy of the workshop service manual for a 2014 Captur? If so, could you let me know where you purchased this from. I have taken a look on eBay [as was suggested in a ~2 year old post, and even used one of the links provided in said post, but this link is now broken] and there doesn't appear to be much, but what there is, I am not convinced by [electronic download, which is fine, but I guess I am concerned that the seller could send any old PDF].

Also, I am seeing a lot of "Renault Dialogys" listings. This appears to be a large Renault/Dacia software package which covers all models across both brands. Does the Captur workshop service manual simply come from within this software package?

If anyone can direct me to a reputable seller, I should be most grateful.

Kind Regards

Scott

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Dick,

Thank you, that is very useful to know. I have messaged a seller on eBay to find out exactly what his "Captur Workshop Manual" actually entails.

I will report back to this thread in due course.

If it turns out there is nothing out there, I shall just apply common sense where torque settings etc are involved. I will also see if there is a Clio workshop manual, as the Captur and Clio (of the circa 2014 vintage, I believe) are not too dissimilar.

Scott

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Many Renault engines are fitted to other models a manual for the other models may help. Try and see if there's a free pdf one available online or ebay

Found this, Haynes finally produces a manual, enter your reg or click on year

·
Super Moderator
3,013 Posts
I will also see if there is a Clio workshop manual, as the Captur and Clio (of the circa 2014 vintage, I believe) are not too dissimilar.

Scott
The first-generation Captur was based on the then-current Clio Estate which was never officially sold in the UK, so there will be plenty of similarities.... but be warned that there will also be differences !

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Ivor,

Ah yes, the Clio estate. Still, that will help me narrow my search should I need to go down that route.

Haven't had chance to do much looking/research today, but will get to it over the weekend

Scott

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good Morning All,

Having done a quick forum search, although there are a few threads related to this, I cannot seem to find a definitive answer.

Has anyone got/purchased a copy of the workshop service manual for a 2014 Captur? If so, could you let me know where you purchased this from. I have taken a look on eBay [as was suggested in a ~2 year old post, and even used one of the links provided in said post, but this link is now broken] and there doesn't appear to be much, but what there is, I am not convinced by [electronic download, which is fine, but I guess I am concerned that the seller could send any old PDF].

Also, I am seeing a lot of "Renault Dialogys" listings. This appears to be a large Renault/Dacia software package which covers all models across both brands. Does the Captur workshop service manual simply come from within this software package?

If anyone can direct me to a reputable seller, I should be most grateful.

Kind Regards

Scott
I looked into this last year hynes do one online it's a digital one you can download when ever you want at a decent cost aswell

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I looked into this last year hynes do one online it's a digital one you can download when ever you want at a decent cost aswell
Thanks Echo,

Dick recently posted about this on another thread.

I took a look, and after a bit of research and reading the reviews, I decided against purchasing this Haynes "AutoFix" as it just didn't seem worth it. Did you purchase this, and if so, what is your view?

Scott

1 - 9 of 9 Posts