Renault Captur Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
I have swapped my 14yo fiesta with low profiles etc to a new captur rs_line a couple of months ago. Everyone said the 18" wheels would be bumpy and jittery....Well I can't believe how it just smooths out the bumps and potholes, it's like driving on a cloud after the old fiesta boneshaker.
Couldn't agree more. Ride height, sport/comfort suspension settings etc are all well and good but what has really destroyed comfort in the past 20 years is the combination of low profile tyres and alloy wheels. Yes, I know they look good but they are rock hard compared with a steel wheel and normal profile tyre. Steel flexes, tyre sidewalls flex, and all this helps take the shocks out out of normal driving. A low profile tyre, by definition, has a shallower sidewall. I was a lease customer of BMW in my later working years and have had most models over the years - great to drive but hard work on my spine over country roads, especially the recent introduction of potholes everywhere. Could never be described as comfortable. Plus alloy wheel damage with the wheels so close the the road and kerbs.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts