Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Done it, I am no longer with Captur!Some of the posts here made up my mind. Not the small things with rattling safety belts etc, but the big issues of windscreens cracking, bodywork cracking, wing mirrors falling off.
My bank account has taken a beating but my mind is at ease. It was a spur of the moment ( well not entirely ) thing I drove past the Renault/Volvo dealers and just when in and asked how much I needed to fork out for a V70. Left the Captur there and got a lift home in my wifes 5 year old Skoda Fabia.( most boring car in the world but so well made ).
So anyway I really do hope that the Captur proves me wrong and turns out to be a much better car than I believe it to be.But I will be sleeping at night and not trying to avoid using the Renault because I became afraid of strange noises and shoddy quality.
But it was a fun car to drive.

·
Registered
180 Posts
WELL DONE!!!! you have balls, and i like balls

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No not at all.

Buying a NEW car ( as in new ) is a huge thing for very many people. But this forum seems to be for people who are trying to convince themselves that they have made the right choice. This would imply that they have discovered things which make them doubt. It is absolutely not their eventual mistakes but the fault lies solely with Renault. When my dealer told me not to include the R link I should have listened and bought something else instead. Put it this way, we were thinking about going by car the long way to England.i.e. Sweden Denmark Germany etc. in the new Captur. But I did not dare. Thats a shame. I had 5 years warranty on that car but did not trust it. Still if I am wrong then it´s Humble Pie for me and a bank balance in the red.

·
Super Moderator
2,677 Posts
bloopb120 said:
I drove past the Renault/Volvo dealers and just when in and asked how much I needed to fork out for a V70.
The Captur feels like a bit of a toy after a "proper" Volvo. My parents have had Volvos since 1973... they had a 145 autothat they kept for 30 years and which I part learned to drive in.

I drove it across Europe many times... down the Le Mans Mulsanne straight and round most of the Monaco grand prix circuit too. It had to be repaired a few times in its later years due to rust hence the patchwork Arizona orange finish above !
Their current car is the previous shape V70.. it must be about 10 years old now but has only done about 20,000 miles as they are both retired and in their 80's.
It's been promised to me when they buy their next car (so maybe in another 20 years time, if the 145 is any example!)

Edited by: IvorETower

·
Registered
863 Posts
good on you if you don't trust a car why should you keep it.i have just been on holiday and hired a vw golf.what a pleasure to drive brilliant car imo. happy with my captur up till now but I wanted a higher driving position which is what the captur gives me.but I will definitely look at a golf when I chop my captur in.

·
Registered
863 Posts
ps and as for Renault customer service I think is disgusting the way they treat their customers.

·
Registered
185 Posts
hicky said:
good on you if you don't trust a car why should you keep it.i have just been on holiday and hired a vw golf.what a pleasure to drive brilliant car imo. happy with my captur up till now but I wanted a higher driving position which is what the captur gives me.but I will definitely look at a golf when I chop my captur in.
Why didn't you use your Captur to go on holiday?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just wondering did you go on the volvo v70 forums are they all happy and not a single issue? Sounds as though you just didn't like the captur and wanted an excuse to drop it which is fair enough. I will say fair play to you as we couldn't even i we wanted to due to costs. Although we love the car too much to do that unless some major mechanical issue happens. Everything else so far spooted are niggles.

·
Registered
824 Posts
bloopb120 said:
But this forum seems to be for people who are trying to convince themselves that they have made the right choice. This would imply that they have discovered things which make them doubt.
Wooahhhh!!...............and I thought it was full of people just wanting to share their experiences of owning a Captur good and bad!

No car is perfect and ALL cars have their own shortfalls The Captur is no different but as in all makes and models an owners club and forum always will throw up a more negative aspect of that specific car brand/model.........people are always more willing to share bad experiences than good ones and as such the "faults" are usually more visible on a Forum than the good bits.........

If the Captur wasnt for you that is entirely up to you but most owners (an awful lot more owners dont use this Forum than do!) will be more than happy that they chose a Captur..........

·
Super Moderator
2,677 Posts
TC Eddy said:
If the Captur wasnt for you that is entirely up to you but most owners (an awful lot more owners dont use this Forum than do!) will be more than happy that they chose a Captur..........
Well said.
I'd much rather have a Volvo XC-60 than a Captur, but it's over twice the price for what is basically the same type of car, even if it is built with some slightly better-quality materials. Take into account running costs as well as initial purchase price.... we all have to make compromises depending on our circumstances

Edited by: IvorETower

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You are completely correct. I was thinking about changing the Captur for a VW Passat Estate. But because the Volvo dealers here sell both Renault and Dacia I was able to secure a better price. Of course there are faults with any car..but as I have said before when basic things like rearview mirrors fall off taking a bit of the windscreen with it, bodywork cracking after a few months it makes me start to wonder.But it is a good looking car and very fun to drive. Actually as much fun as the Fiat Uno I bought in 1984.

·
Registered
180 Posts
My choice in deciding on the Captur was purely finance based. my boss gave me a target price i had to be within for my company car and the captur was the best for the buck .. best looking, highest off the ground (i am tall and have a child) and good usable sound system .. and it drove well too. H.A.P.P.Y

·
Registered
17 Posts
Gave up on my Captur three weeks ago, electrical problems that Renault appear unable to solve, so, been waiting three weeks for delivery of a Scenic, 4/5 weeks to go probably

·
Registered
921 Posts
TC Eddy said:
bloopb120 said:
But this forum seems to be for people who are trying to convince themselves that they have made the right choice. This would imply that they have discovered things which make them doubt.
Wooahhhh!!...............and I thought it was full of people just wanting to share their experiences of owning a Captur good and bad!

No car is perfect and ALL cars have their own shortfalls The Captur is no different but as in all makes and models an owners club and forum always will throw up a more negative aspect of that specific car brand/model.........people are always more willing to share bad experiences than good ones and as such the "faults" are usually more visible on a Forum than the good bits.........

PERFECTLY put

·
Registered
17 Posts
Quite right LynG, I like the Captur very much, but would suggest that reported problems that cause owners to be dissatisfied should be sorted by the Renault Technical Department as soon as possible, and, whilst some if not most of the problems owners have experienced with their Capturs are 'niggles' rather than major problems it still causes owners to be dissatisfied.

·
Registered
863 Posts
giz the reason I did not take my captur was because I could not get it on the plane. they would not except it as luggage.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I thought this forum was for people to put their opinions good or bad.obviously I was wrong.sorry.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts