Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is a Dynamique SMediaNav 0.9Tce.

I am 65 and retired. I've been with Saga for a few yrs. They quoted me £328 @ 70% NCB (11yrs).

Tried renault ins,their quote was £279 @ 9yrs NCB.

Renewal is due in 2wks, do I need to shop around??

Be interesting to hear what others are paying and with whom.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Go through topcashback also and you'll get another 70 odd quid back on that. So 200ish ain't that bad! Did it for mine. Tried all the price comparison sites. Was still cheaper going direct to aviva via topcashback website and claiming the cashback (takes a few months).

·
Registered
863 Posts
I am with direct line with full no claims bonus.and I am the same age era.i pay 200 pounds full comp.with the medianav 1.5 diesel.

·
Registered
70 Posts
24 Year old Male0 NCB
First Car
License held since October '14

£932.76 @ Aviva - Lease Company Choice (£200 excess) [Can get this £100 cheaper on comparison sites but I have to have a box fitted]

Edited by: iFr4g

·
Registered
818 Posts
I think it is virtually impossible to compare insurance prices as they are too many factors to be taken into account. (Age, address, who is included on insurance, milage, type of insurance, extras, where car is parked, previous claims, convictions, points on licence, what the car is used for, etc... ). The fact that one quote for he same person, with the same data and circumstances varies yearly is an indication that insurance broakers quote what they want, when they want.... It is sometimes worth phoning when renewing and ask for best price (I have saved almost £100 in the past on renewal quote!). Also, I have saved money by not renewing insurance (effectively cancelling over the phone) and taking the exact same policy online with the same broaker for a lot cheaper!
Mel

·
Registered
338 Posts
Try Tesco, great deals for both hubby and myself; protected NCB, no excess on anything, just under £200 each

·
Registered
170 Posts
Sorry just looked again at quote and the comprehensive cover is £264 legal £27 courtesy car £25 total £316 I am 46 with 7 years + no claims

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did a like for like car insurance quote withTesco (my present insurer,Saga).

Tesco's quote was £225,with legal,courtesy car,full comp etc inc. No roadside cover as Renault provides next 4yrs.

Got back to Saga with info. Given I have my house insurance with them they offered a loyalty gesture,a guarantee to match like for like and quoted £224 on renewal.

In fairness the guy from Saga did his very best to find me a good deal. I had my last car written off and they were exceptional in dealing with the matter,hence,I reall didn't want to move.

Considering my original renewal premium was £328,it pays to shop around and politely enquire.

Again many thanks guys for suggestions and tips.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Saga are only good when you are a new customer. I never stay with the same company for more than two years. I have just done a search and used my last UK address (Merseyside/Wirral) I am 66 and have max NCB, best quote was £254.00 with liverpool victoria.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Had to check the small prints just in case I missed out an age bracket for the Captur!!!!

Back to serious stuff, my insurance is 325 with Lloyds ..... That is including 200 excess and legal representation. I have to add that my hubby is on this policy and he is probably bumping up the price with the number of points he keeps on collecting! Kept the same company as my Nissan Micra.... As this was less hassle. I could have had cheaper but not much..... Just need to get rid of hubby!!!

Mel

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mel,we're all boy racers at heart. Seems the captur has kerb appeal to one and all.

On a lighter note,make sure the hubby is well insured before you get rid of him...

·
Registered
818 Posts
Oh, did I say that!!!! He is a gem though!!! I blame his age but he calls it his midlife crisis!!! I will call it marriage crisis and bank account deficit soon!!
Mel

1 - 20 of 28 Posts