Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
just wondering..which mats came with your car as someone on here has had a problem and the dealership supplied new mats...

·
Registered
924 Posts
The driver's mat the dealer/Renault suppliedis worn-through, at only 3500 miles.

The mats were supposed to be "premium".

Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I got the'premium' mats free when the car was ordered, and they are embossed in silver thread with Captur and have the silver thread round them...They are original Renault accessories and are GREAT quality!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
helart said:
just wondering..which mats came with your car as someone on here has had a problem and the dealership supplied new mats...

Didn't come with any mats:-(. Just got some universal ones in but want proper fitted mats.

·
Super Moderator
2,378 Posts
Local dealers told me that in the UK, dealers have to charge for a basic protection pack that includes floor mats, a hi-viz jacket and a warning triangle. I already have all of these so it's unwanted expenditure. I wonder what will be in my Captur when it turns up?

As for carpet protection, I generally buy an off-cut of rubber-backed bathroom carpet and trim it to fit my cars with scissors; it's easy stuff to cut to shape. Whoever buys the cars after I've finished with them gets pristine original carpets (or they can keep my bathroom carpet for added protection)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
It seems to be different according to country and model. Here you have the option of rubber or carpet mats. I just mentioned mine because they are thick and really good quality...backed on a rubber compound...A few members seemed to get poor quality mats that were wearing through in a short time...and I feel that they couldn't be the same as mine, as there is no way these priginal mats would wear out like that...even with ladies heels!!!!

·
Registered
741 Posts
In the UK your Captur should come with a Delivery Pack as all Renault's come with the pack as standard which is chargeable to the customer at £45; the packconsists of mats, first aid kit, warning triangle and hi viz jacket.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
HTP99 so was it a bad batch that caused problems for some previous forum members??...or dealers in some way providing non original mats...because in accessories over here, you have those you mentioned in the pack, but then three different options from the accessories brochure at extra cost...

·
Registered
428 Posts
meterman_56 said:
I thought car mats were supplied on all capturs?? Mine came with the premium captur mats.. and very nice they are too...
meterman_56
Mine came with a good quality mats although I have put large rubber mats on top. The trouble with these fitted mats is that they are useless in protecting against mud, water and the rubbish that you tend to deposit in your car. You can empty the contents of the rubber mats and even wash them when you wash the car. Done the same in the back as well.
Mine came with a triangle, huge first aid pack, oil, 4 yellow vis. jackets. Has anyone been charged extra for these items as mine came free (inc mats).

·
Registered
741 Posts
Ythsie said:
HTP99 so was it a bad batch that caused problems for some previous forum members??...or dealers in some way providing non original mats...because in accessories over here, you have those you mentioned in the pack, but then three different options from the accessories brochure at extra cost...

Don't know if it was a bad batch, I've never had issues with any mats in customers new cars and every car has come through with the full Delivery Pack, the standard mats; whilst not the premium ones,are of a very good quality and do last.

As for the OP not having mats, I would go back to the supplying dealer and find out what they are playing at as it would definately have been delivered to the dealer with the Delivery Pack.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
HTP99 said:
Ythsie said:

Don't know if it was a bad batch, I've never had issues with any mats in customers new cars and every car has come through with the full Delivery Pack, the standard mats; whilst not the premium ones,are of a very good quality and do last.

As for the OP not having mats, I would go back to the supplying dealer and find out what they are playing at as it would definately have been delivered to the dealer with the Delivery Pack.

Hi, it didn't come with any delivery pack but I wasn't charged for one. Also no 1st aid kit, hazard triangle etc. Can anyone confirm whether it should be included as standard(free) or needs to be requested as an optional extra?

·
Registered
741 Posts
bigeater said:
HTP99 said:
Ythsie said:

Hi, it didn't come with any delivery pack but I wasn't charged for one. Also no 1st aid kit, hazard triangle etc. Can anyone confirm whether it should be included as standard(free) or needs to be requested as an optional extra?

Every single retail and Motability car; not sure on fleet cars, comes from the import centre with the Delivery Pack in itas an extra and that cost is generally passed on to the customer or swallowed by the dealer; we just build it into the deal from the start and show a cost on the invoice and any negotiation includes the pack.

The customer doesn't have to ask for it, weas a dealer don't request it when ordering the car,it just comes with the car; we can't request not to have one.

The Delivery Pack came in a few years ago,because the main complaint from customers when being followed up by Renault UK was that there were no mats in the car and they had to either go back for some or buy some elsewhere.

Speak to Renault UK to let them know your displeasure, they may go back to the dealer to see what they are playing at.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Just checked my invoice, definitely no charge for the delivery pack. Already had triangle (for driving in France) and yellow jackets, so would not pay £45 for a first aid kit, albeit a good one.
Maybe just lucky, as I was when I ordered the spare wheel (£95) because the car came with the inflation kit as well

1 - 20 of 31 Posts