Renault Captur Forums banner

Car mats

4K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  IvorETower 
#1 ·
I've had my Captur for 5 weeks now and the car mats I had free with car (carpet mats) have worn out already , drivers mat has hole were my right foot rests on mat . It did not look that bad until I turned mat over and material has worn straight through.
So today I went to Renault Wolverhampton and showed them the worn mat and they agreed it was not good that it had worn through already and they have ordered a new set for me under warranty .
Anyone else had this problem with drivers side car mat wearing out quick ?
Will new mats wear out as quick ? I'll post update in weeks to come

See less See more
#5 ·
Yes mine was the carpet mats that come free with car, I think they are the ones Renault sell for £33 and are called comfort mats. The premium mats are £53 and mine don't look as good quality as these which are pictured on Renaults web site.
Yes mine had white powder residue under mat

#7 ·
If/when my Captur arrives, I'll have to search for some rubber-backed bathroom carpet, cut to size. I've done this on just about every car I've owned, and it has left the original carpets in "as new" condition for the next owner. Many years ago I invested in a set of thick rubber floor mats with carpet inserts and they've not worn out yet. These go ontop of the bathroom carpet that's been cut to size

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.