·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
120 Posts
stro said:
Had to take the door card off to repair damaged wing mirror and decided to change the speakers at the same time . The speakers are low grade made in Vietnam 45 watts and I replaced them with these (front only)and they come with a kit and no need to chop any wires and are a easy job to fit. I fitted these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-Captur-B-2013-onwards-Sinustec-speakers-6-5-front-Adapter-Brackets-Harn/401406872604?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I assume this is a mod worth doing Stro?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wavey Davey said:
stro said:
Had to take the door card off to repair damaged wing mirror and decided to change the speakers at the same time . The speakers are low grade made in Vietnam 45 watts and I replaced them with these (front only)and they come with a kit and no need to chop any wires and are a easy job to fit. I fitted these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-Captur-B-2013-onwards-Sinustec-speakers-6-5-front-Adapter-Brackets-Harn/401406872604?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I assume this is a mod worth doing Stro?
Hi yes I noticed that there was some bass distortion on the old speakers on higher levels of volume. I am pleased with the new speakers overall

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi yes I noticed that there was some bass distortion on the old speakers on higher levels of volume. I am pleased with the new speakers overall
Hi Stro,
I am looking to upgrade the speakers in my captur and was wondering if you installed the crossover in the door and run a wire to the tweeter? I was hoping to just swap out the speakers and use the existing wiring but a bit of research tells me that on the oem sound system a capacitor built into the tweeter protects it from the lower frequency and by just installing a 3rd party tweeter on the existing wiring will blow it without the crossover?

Audio really isn't my thing so if I am speaking rubbish please let me know!!

Thanks in advance for any advice

1 - 4 of 4 Posts