Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car subtly telling me to change my battery

The car showed a check cruse control message yesterday, I turned on the lights and turned off the cruse control and after five miles the cruse control returned.

With lights turned on it produces more charge.

I have checked the car for fault codes No fault codes registered.

Its five years old was waiting for the captur’s way of telling me to change the battery.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sounds like it. Sounds like the missus too. Never comes straight out to say what she wants but always dropping not so subtle hints.
My last Renault was good at throwing up spurious warning lights when the battery was on the way out. Next thing to turn itself off will be the stop/start. Start saving up.

·
Super Moderator
2,383 Posts
I changed my Captur's battery when we started getting odd warning messages (and when the battery died a couple of times and didn't really stay charged after being recharged with an external charger). Since then it's run better than it has for a few years

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sounds like it. Sounds like the missus too. Never comes straight out to say what she wants but always dropping not so subtle hints.
My last Renault was good at throwing up spurious warning lights when the battery was on the way out. Next thing to turn itself off will be the stop/start. Start saving up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts