Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would share this.......if you are as determined as I am to keep your Captur looking nice and new you may find this a good tip.
The Captur has plastic sill mouldings all round as you know to keep this new look and also enhance your paintwork shine it may be a good idea to use a wax that leaves no chalky residues that can spoil the look of the plastic bits.I tried Turtle Wax Ice on mine and really impressed with the finish.....and as it says on the bottle "no chalky/white residues".......it works!!

Im sure there are other product that are the same it may be of use to someone!

I was offered the option of a paintwork treatment (G3) when I ordered mine I declined it as I would rather do the cleaning myself,plus the price was rather expensive it did include a full interior protection as well.......still way to high in my view! The G3 paint treatment supposed to last for 12 months!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I use armor shield products. This thing is so brilliant that it reactivates every time water gets on it. It also repels dirt and makes it easier to clean the front end after a night drive. Very good product, it's a god send.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hi TC Eddy, thank for sharing your top tips. I had the Diamondbrite coating put on my car, it's the first time I have had it put on as the dealer had an offer on for September (£199 for both the interior and exterior). My wife had it out on her new car 12 months ago and I must admit it still looks as shiny as the day she bought it.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I'm a Diamondbrite man, and will get it done once I collect the car.. Expensive at a dealers...but honestly worth every penny as it preserves and protects the paintwork for at keast a year. No waxing needed...meaning no accidental scratches and swirl marks...and it protects from bird droppings and the like...

I'm with iang on this...and have seen the results...Used extensively by the trade!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts