Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my 2016 Renault capture 1.5 diesel. The cars steering was locked with a message saying ‘turn steering and press start’ following these steps there is still no sign of life from the car. When pressing the start button it clicks but that’s it. I’ve seen people using emulators and removing the lock so my partner has managed to remove the lock while the steering was locked and we plugged the emulator in but still no luck.

The battery is fully charged and all connections have been checked. Has anyone had this problem or has any advice as we are completely out of ideas!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
The emulators are plug and play , just in case try disconnecting the negitive battery connection then reconnect it, it may just reset, what about that battery

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We tried this earlier repeatedly, both positive and negative terminals with no luck. Going to warm up inside and go and try again!
Also ordered another emulator just in case this one has arrived faulty.

·
Super Moderator
2,684 Posts
Is the steering wheel lock actually releasing? If it isn't, there may be a fault which prevents the car from sending a signal for the starter motor to operate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We’ve completely removed the steering lock whilst it was in a locked position. Plugged the emulator in straight after and still no joy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts