Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

ordered the Captur 90 tce Dynam with optional arm rest and parking sensors.Must admit i fell in love with the Captur and have waited a few months (and stayed in trying to save the money for the deposit) before heading to the dealership to look at one.One look and i was smitten, and i could almost see the salesmans eyes revolve £ signs as he looked on.

Thankfully my head ruled at the 1st dealership i went to as i walked away from the deal (after going through all the options etc i wanted, i was told the colour wasnt available but i could have a black one, basic and not the options i wanted). Was also informed it would cost me £300 to have my trade-in looked at by the dealership before my part exchange would be accepted at the figure agreed.

decided to travel further in my search for my dream Captur and found it. pleasant staff, all options explained (even to the point of being told the more expensive option prob wouldnt have any benifit to me) and even a managers reduction that paid for the options i did want.

Just waiting now for the arrival (received an email as im writing this telling me the due date is the 14th Oct...spooky!) of my Oyster Grey One-Tone and as sad as i am to see my 2011 Scenic go...boy i cant wait for my new toy to arrive ;)

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum. Oyster grey is a fantastic colour. I've exchanged a few cars with Renault dealers never heard of the £300.00 fee valuing though.
Glad you found a decent garage with decent staff as I think the enjoyment of buying a new car should be from first contact till the last service.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
couldnt agree more.the first dealership i went to did have a bad reputation for "hidden fee's" which cost them the sale.

and thanks for the welcome

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Hi and welcome along, quite local to me too so I'll hopefully see you around.

Was it Tones? I must admit I've never heard of the £300 valuation fee though. That could wipe quite a bit from your trade in price depending on what it was worth.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes it hasnt the best reputation i'll admit but worth the travel to see the Captur in the flesh as it were and to have a test drive. but as a dealership the one in Newcastle was worth the extra mileage

1 - 7 of 7 Posts