Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,I have downloaded some CD's on to a USB stick but when i put this into my cars Media Nav system the generic "CD" picture is displayed rather than the album cover that I have downloaded. Is this a standard preset - can the Media Nav system display album cover artworks?

·
Registered
116 Posts
HiI had this aswell. After reading a tip from someone else on here, I downloaded some free MP3 Tag software ( just Google it ), and you tag your album or songs with the artwork of your choice on your USB stick. Incredibly easy to do - Now whenever I select a song, the artwork appears on the left of the screen - hope that helps

·
Registered
824 Posts
Or if you want to you can also include your own piccies that also display instead of the album artwork.......just keep the file size down otherwise they can take a couple of seconds to load up!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Creevity is a free pc programme which will search out album art work! I've mentioned this somewhere else in the forum.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Help guys..I must be missing a trick somewhere with this album art not showing on player. Ripped cds on windows 8.1 laptop...192kbs quality of mp3s..on windows media centre ripped cd shows all tracks ok & picture of cd cover..great..copy over to micro usb (good tip guys!!) all tracks show up ok but this is where it all goes pearshaped..even though it shows I have album cover ( it shows as a jpeg file after last track listed) nothing..it loads the usb fine..mp3s sound great thru system would just like some one to explain why album art doesn't show.. Cheers guys.
meterman_56

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm just guessing here, but it may be that the artwork needs to be embedded in the MP3 file itself, rather than just present as a standalone image file in the same directory as the MP3 files.

My favourite (Windows) programs for doing this are EZ CD Audio Converter from Poikosoft if I'm ripping CDs (not free, but worth every penny if you do a lot of ripping or converting from one format to another), and MP3Tag if I'm tagging files that have already been ripped.

Tony

·
Registered
203 Posts
Thanks Tony..makes sense about tagging the tracks...will have another try at it..had an old playlist I'd compiled a couple of years ago..copied that over to stick..played that today & the first couple of tracks showed the cover art work..looks great..worth persevering with.
meterman_56

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, This freeware program will sort all your MP3 problems.Rip your cd or download your music, then run it through this program.
It will tag everything correctly and add album art
Google " Taghycardia"
Regards Martin

·
Registered
203 Posts
Cheers Martin..sounds simple enough..will have a go tomorrow when home for lunch...as previously discussed..its worth perservering with cos it looks great on the player.
meterman_56

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can anyone help me? - I am struggling to change the display title on any songs using the USB media.

I would ideally like the Song and Artist but it says Song and Album.

I have looked everywhere but can't seem a way to change what is displayed.

Any help much appreciated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts