Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have just ordered the new capture dynamicq S Media Nav
and requsted centre arm rest at a cost of £150 and now wondering if this actually is standard

as delaer having problems locating in accessories

any ideas please

thanks

·
Registered
824 Posts
I have just re read back through the model brochure the only mention of the armrest is as part of the Touring Pack which is a tow bar,a luggage net and a front centre armrest,I cant see it as a standard fit on an S.Would imagine until the car is established that quite a few "extras" will be hard to come by!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Abroad it is offered as part of a pack, but I didn't want the towing hook, and the armrest was included as part of the order without any problem.
I can't see why there should be a problem with it apart from availability as an accessory instead of an initial order with the car.

·
Registered
588 Posts
getting mine with only the armrest as an option and that wasnt even on the "S". so far as im aware you dont need to get the whole pack (cost was £200 for the armrest alone)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I ordered the arm rest yesterday for £150 (my original order was placed 28 Aug for delivery in early Nov) from the dealer and dealer said its no problem as the arm rest will be added to the car in the UK when it arrives from France. It is only shown as part of the pack but can be requested separately.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I think the dealer makes up the price of the armrest as so many people have been quoted/charged so many different prices! Mine was £175 and it is fitted at the import centre, along with my spare wheel.....

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
tthecookster, I think you're right...as there have been numerous prices on here!

All potential buyers take note and NEGOTIATE!!..... So far £150 fitted seems to be the lowest!! If anyone gets better in the UK, come back and tell us!

I , along with others on this forum, think it should be a STANDARD fit with the car, not OPTIONAL!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Captur armrest for Dynamique cost me £100 from main dealers - I did do a bit of negotiating though, really don't think its worth more than this...

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Good..then that should become the benchmark for the rest of you!

You did a good job getting it for that...mind you it`s really not worth more than that!

I have been watching this space as I thought it was an awful rip off...but you managed to get it for almost the same price I did here in Poland.. It can be done then!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all of your res[onses , finally got it after speaking with customer support who directed the dealer where to obtain - £ 150.00.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi, I placed my order for my dynamique s 1.5 diesel with rlink on 26th August. I was told that the delivery would be 8-12 weeks. This then went to week of 23rd December :( disappointing but not much I can do really. Then I added on the chrome pack and styling pack as extras and asked for an arm rest. I was told I can only have one if I purchase the touring pack. I asked the dealers to check with the factory and they confirmed it is only available as part of the pack. I then contacted customer relations and asked them to look into this as I find it very stupid that thy wont fit an arm rest. I'm waiting to hear back from them now. And as my date has been delayed I've have got them to agree to pay fr my road tax on my current car (renault megane) and to cover MOT costs as if the car had not been put back I would not of had to pay for these costs. I can't wait to get the car after reading all the comments on here. Great forum. Oh so my captur is diamond black.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Tel,

I'd go back to them and tell them to check again...

Either they are telling you 'porky pies' or they haven't bothered to find out!!

You can see from the previous comments on the forum that it IS POSSIBLE....Just tell them that it is possible as other people have managed to get the arm rest through their dealers..

It may be that Renault are playing silly b****** and trying to sell it as a pack...but if you don't wanr the other items...you shouldn't be forced to buy it like that.

If all comes to the worst, buy it as a retro fit once you get the car...but there's no doubt in my mind and other forum members that you can get it.

Watch the price as well!!

·
Registered
588 Posts
when i asked if it could be fitted or if id have to go for the pack i was told by the dealer that it wasnt a problem but that he knew it was expensive.he originally thought it was £300 but he knew it could be done as he'd already ordered a capture and had been told it was easier to fit as it was getting built as the front seats had to be removed to fit it. on going through the options screen it was simply a matter of selecting it.it was the same with the option for rear parking sensors.

not sure if your dealer is unsure of where to look or if he's just trying to get you to get the full pack for the extra cost.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I didn't realise you could get the armrest on it's own. I mentioned to the dealer that I would have liked an armrest but could live without it if the only way to get one was pay £500 for the touring pack and I don't need or want a towbar. I guess they didn't know ? Telmah's info is useful though - might consider that option as less than £100

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
IIt will be about £150, but you need to negotiate it down... One of the forum members paid £200, with fitting, for it...see earlier..and another managed £100...so you can see the margins some dealerships are applying.

It`s nothing great really, but comfy!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I will definitely negotiate the price. Although it's been 2 weeks and I've still not been told I can have one. So I will call customer services for the 4th time and ask again. I said that to them, I explained I would never be using a tow bar so I won't be paying for one

·
Registered
924 Posts
The one good thing about a tow bar is that the guy behind will give you PLENTY of room.

·
Registered
317 Posts
The past three cars that I have owned came with an arm rest as standard. Obvioulsly the Captur doesn't and I decided not to order one. Do you know, I don't miss it! (so far). So I have saved a bit of money.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Its easier to give the Mrs a dig with the elbow without an armrest when she starts being a bee in your ear saying "Its about time I had a drive" over and over again........
Im not greedy but its MY car.....my current car has an armrest they are handy I have to say!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts