Renault Captur Forums banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
just an update , got the unit back, this are the recommended parts to be replaced "305730606R" , "319359385R","319351549R"

UPDATE !
happened again , actually this is what Im worried about, what if this happened while Im on the Highway :(, most of the experiences happened on our local street block, and this recent incident im on the main road, "error appeared" , switch it manual gear(its on the 2nd gear), then shifted to 3rd and luckily it shifted , then proceed to 4th and then the error cleared, and put it back to auto again and its back to normal now, BTW my observation with my "CHECK AUTOGEAR BOX" is not shifting to 3rd gear.

Question ? With the recommended parts to be replaced, will this solve the issue, or just an isolation of the problem !
Thanks again

·
Registered
700 Posts
Sorry it's impossible to say definitely at this distance. Even close up it could still be trial and error. Remember the odd gears are on one shaft/clutch assembly and the even gears (plus reverse) are on the other. There is an actuator (solenoid) for each. If the solenoid is not working then I would expect to see problems between all odd and even gears, and first with reverse. The problem is obviously intermittent which could be a mechanical problem but I would still look at electrical or software first. Your agent wants to start changing parts but it doesn't sound as though they are sure what the problem is either. What will they do when you have spent your 2000€ and the problem is still there? You could get a reconditioned gearbox installed for only a little more. Has anyone tried all the electrical and software solutions?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Update !
we decided to bring the car at the Service Center, and this is the mechanism that they replaced, not the ones from their initial assessment, i cant ask why, because one of the guys that speaks English is not there, and my German (Im in Austria ) is limited for this technical stuff. Hopefully this will fix the "infamous check autogearbox"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys ,
Im currently having an error message with my renault capture 1.2 tce " check auto gearbox "
When it happens the car miss some gear and if i stop completely, when i accelerate , it hardly moves.
Even the mechanic dont know the exact problem
Please help

Regards
Far
Hi what's a bout your EDC renault captur (check gearbox)

·
Registered
2 Posts
First my car show worning anti pollution sysetm after 2 month show check auto gear box
The transmission not shifting on 1,3,5
I turn off then trun it on every thing fine for 10 minutes then gear not shifting 1.3.5
This what happens with me
The big problem no workshop deal with renault here in saudia i cant found answer
Sorry for my language weakness
hi do you have solution for you car
711, member: 4349"]
HI, mine did this the other week in a car park, started up put into reverse, no thing, tried drive,just the same, message showed check auto g/box, switched off waited a minute , started up all ok,& has been since. put it down to electronic interference, my TCE is nearly 6 & has 37k miles, also get fault of stop switch not switching car off ,this has happened about 4 times but does not leave a message.
[/QUOTE]
Hi do you have the solution for message (check gearbox) because I have the same problem
Hi guys ,
Im currently having an error message with my renault capture 1.2 tce " check auto gearbox "
When it happens the car miss some gear and if i stop completely, when i accelerate , it hardly moves.
Please help

Regards
Far
Bit more info needed. EDC box? what year car, how many miles? Has the mechanic read the fault codes? If so, what are they?

·
Registered
4 Posts
First my car show worning anti pollution sysetm after 2 month show check auto gear box
The transmission not shifting on 1,3,5
I turn off then trun it on every thing fine for 10 minutes then gear not shifting 1.3.5
This what happens with me
The big problem no workshop deal with renault here in saudia i cant found answer
Sorry for my language weakness

·
Registered
2 Posts
Update !
we decided to bring the car at the Service Center, and this is the mechanism that they replaced, not the ones from their initial assessment, i cant ask why, because one of the guys that speaks English is not there, and my German (Im in Austria ) is limited for this technical stuff. Hopefully this will fix the "infamous check autogearbox"
View attachment 842
Hi there as I have said before, we have been sitting with this problem for 2 years, sometimes we can drive the car for a few months before it looses gears or jumps gears etc., so it is totally unreliable as we can only travel short distances for fear of getting stranded.
How much did you pay for this EDC unit and how much would it cost in South Africa.
We are pensioners our car is only 5 years old with only 39000km on, not exceptable we bought this car for our retirement.
Please assist.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,
Just want to share this, we're also having a problem with this INFAMOUS CHECK AUTO GEARBOX, the Renault Service here (I'm here in Austria ),informed us that, they re-configure the system, so hopefully everything will be okay, but they're recommending to change the "electronics that control the gear box",Im not sure with the exact term and it would cost around € 1,800 and if still the problem persist, the last resort would be to replace something "mechanical in the gears or clutch ", and it would cost € 1000 . Is this a reasonable price thanks
Hi how did you fix this issue ? Im having some issue with EDC gearbox in Renault megane and they told me to replace complete gearbox price €7000

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys ,
Please help

Regards
Far
Mine was a DF388 error - Clutch 1 fault. I couldn't find a problem - checked all the elec connections etc. Turned out a reprogram sorted it. Need a Renault garage though, and no guarantee that it will work. Mine was a 2011 Grand Scenic, same gearbox. The EDC box has two shafts - one has gears 1, 3 and 5 and the other has Reverse, 2, 4 and 6. If one clutch/shaft assembly fails (or the system thinks it has failed) it will use only the odd or the even gears. Sounds like this failure mode on your car is using R246 only. If it really is a gearbox failure it is a big problem. There's a chance a reprogram will sort it - better that 50% - on the basis that these actually are quite reliable boxes. I was able to clear the codes each time they appeared, after which they returned quite quickly but the gearbox worked fine in between. This was my clue that the gearbox was not physically defective. First thing to check though is that all the connectors etc are in good condition. Short circuit to earth sounds like there might be an external elec problem.

Good luck and let us know how you get along.
Same problem as mine. For past 2yrs.i bought new batterie but the evil message stays. No mechanical has an idea. Renault n renault capture is a pain on neck

41 - 52 of 52 Posts