Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some time ago display errors started showing up for split seconds when i start the car and then turned off. Mechanic replaced fsulty brake switch and problem when starting solved.
However after few days faults started coming up randomly when driving together with the spanner warning. The errors clears after switching off the car and leaving it for some minutes.However no pattern was noticed since sometimes days pass without tbe errors coming up. Anyone experienced the same problen and how he solved it

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi i read in another post however since it is braking related faults that is why i am not sure of the battery since it is not giving any signs of being faulty. However about fifteen days ago when my mechanic checked with obd he told me that there are a number of faults logged on the ecu . However on the dash he is only giving these 3 faults.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Battery and conections is still the first and easiest thing to check. If your car electronics are not getting the correct voltage (and Renaults are particularly sensitive to this) they can throw up all sorts of spurious faults even before the battery itself shows a fault. How old is the battery?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Battery and conections is still the first and easiest thing to check. If your car electronics are not getting the correct voltage (and Renaults are particularly sensitive to this) they can throw up all sorts of spurious faults even before the battery itself shows a fault. How old is the battery?
Hi battery has been on the car for 5 years. .Checked with multimeter this morning. On off after switcing on lights 12.25v on engine starts drops to 9.8 and then up again and on n idle around 14

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
The captur Will NOT accept an old battery! the battery will read ok on the multimeter, I would bet 99% that the problems lies with the battery.

·
Super Moderator
2,452 Posts
Yup, agreed. I have noticed on my Captur that when the battery is getting flat, spurious error messages appear, often to do with traction control, braking system etc. When the battery dropped enough to prevent the car starting I changed it, and since then (fingers crossed) it's run better than ever. Car was about 5 1/2 years old when I changed the battery

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Renaults don’t have a standard lead acid battery they use a efb enhanced battery to cope With the extra high usage that the stop start system uses.

Check the top of your battery it will say on it EFB
A cheap lead acid battery will not do.
Here’s a explanation for the EFB BATTERY

EFB Explained

Also known as AFB (Advanced Flooded Battery) and ECM (Enhanced-Cycling-Mat)
EFB (Enhanced Flooded Battery)

• Designed to meet the latest OEM vehicle demands
  • EFB technology is now factory fitted to numerous entry level Start Stop vehicles
  • Increased dynamic charge current acceptance over standard wet-flooded batteries (+170%), due to improved design including special Carbon additives and high charge acceptance envelope type separators
  • Increased cyclic durability over standard wet-flooded batteries (+100%)
  • Sealed tip/tilt double lid with integrated flame arrestor
Improved flooded battery technology, increasingly referred to as EFB technology in the market, offers a cost effective solution for entry level Start-Stop vehicles. EU emissions targets for these vehicles are lower than those set for higher performance models. This has led to manufacturers developing a battery technology that meets the demands of Start-Stop operation in a higher state of charge than expected from AGM technology, but lower than that expected from standard wet-flooded starter batteries.

To meet the growing demand for OEM specification EFB technology in the European aftermarket, Yuasa has introduced 11 new EFB battery types with the launch of the YBX7000 Start Stop range. This range comprises 5 European (DIN) and 6 Japanese (JIS) battery sizes to maximise coverage of vehicles in the UK parc.

In addition to Start-Stop, Yuasa EFB batteries are well suited to use in demanding applications. In repetitive deep discharge scenarios, such as those common to Police vehicles and Taxis, EFB technology offers improved cyclic durability, when compared to premium wet-flooded batteries.

·
Registered
171 Posts
There will be a sensor on the negative battery terminal. This is part of the Battery Management System. It is quite sturdy but clumsy mechanics have been known to damage them. Make sure the connections go back exactly as removed, and are clean and secure. Remove the negative terminal first, and refit it last.
Before doing anything close up the car with the window and bonnet open and wait 10-15mins to be sure everything has shut down. Check that you have the radio code. After fitting the replacement battery you might need to re-set the windows. Come back here if you need help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi !
I have similar problem.
On the dashboard there are a few faults: Start stop control, ESC control and Hill assist control. Also there is a red STOP sign.
The car is driving normally.
My mehanic said that the computer is also showing high fuel pressure :/.
Since the car is running normally, the mechanic is not sure what's the problem.
Did maybe some of you experianced simillar faults/problems?
I arranged meeting at the official dealer next week but I'm allready tired of these faults :/

Thank you for your advice :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts