Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does this actually mean? After a Google search I had my battery checked which is ok. What are the other options to clear the message? I'm i still OK to drive the car or will I be calling tow truck if I don't sort it.....helpppp please

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do you tend to drive while coasting? I've had that message a few times, and I've noticed that it's while I'm coasting with the clutch down for longer than I probably should. A quick engine off, then on solves it for me

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oh I have been doing that 😬 should it rectify itself then if I stop doing it?
Yeah, I don't think it's really an issue, like I said as soon as I turn the engine on and off it fixes itself, but I don't think it will cause any damage! Took me a while to work out what it was, but I've stopped coasting so much and it has stopped happening

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I don't think it's really an issue, like I said as soon as I turn the engine on and off it fixes itself, but I don't think it will cause any damage! Took me a while to work out what it was, but I've stopped coasting so much and it has stopped happening
Will see what happens tomorrow. Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's not important if the stop-start doesn't work. Don't worry about it. It's often caused by an ageing battery, or short trips that haven't fully charged it.
As long as the car doesn't suddenly cut out me whilst driving then I'm ok with it. Had the battery tested yesterday which is in good nick. Still got the error message this morning when I did school run.

·
Registered
2020 E:TECH Hybrid
193 Posts
Rolling down a road with the clutch down. Lowers the revs and saves fuel, but not a great habit to get into
Coasting on a car with fuel injection uses more fuel than just coming off the throttle. It only worked with carburetted cars. With an injected car the fuel flow is stopped completely on a trailing throttle where as with coasting fuel is still being used to maintain engine tick-over.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts