Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2020 Renault Captur. Had it for around one month now.

Almost every time I start the engine, I get a message on the dashboard screen which says "Check tire pressure and init."

The message stays on the dashboard until I confirm that I have checked the tire pressure.

The tires have been checked and they are all fine. Is it a system feature that requires me to check the tire pressure before each drive, or does this sound like an issue?

Thanks in advance
Jake

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Have you held in the button on the stork long enough? After scrolling to the Check tire pressure
section.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi i have 2020 Captur as well with the same issues and i am resetting few times but nothing happens. At the beginning there was no problem with the car so i guess there is some tyre sensor issues. If it doesn't go away contact the dealer.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I have been getting the same message for the 38months I have owned my Captur. Doesn't even have tyre pressure sensors fitted,never has.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
I have a 2020 Renault Captur. Had it for around one month now.
Almost every time I start the engine, I get a message on the dashboard screen which says "Check tire pressure and init."
The message stays on the dashboard until I confirm that I have checked the tire pressure.
The tires have been checked and they are all fine. Is it a system feature that requires me to check the tire pressure before each drive, or does this sound like an issue?
Thanks in advance
Jake
Hi,same problem on my new captur 1.5dci edc. Check tire pressure.Tire pressure is ok and I Init in menu,but same message on same day or next day.

That is the fourth problem on new captur.(in 4 months)
1. air condition not working (3 week in service for diagnostic and 1 month of waiting for the compresor.)
2. some buttons on steering wheel do not respond (replaced steering wheel)
3. trip computer reset itself (problem never resolved) Renault service no more answer to the request)
4. and now check tire pressure.
5.what is fifth problem? It continues ? :)

This is my first and last renault.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I was hoping that Renault had improved with the electrics especially on the new models
as it look so good.

I would be sending this one back as not fit for purpose

·
Super Moderator
2,517 Posts
DOES any one at Reno read these posts.
Quote possibly not. This is an "unofficial" forum (not endorsed or recommended by Renault in any way). It is aimed at owners/drivers of the Captur who wish to communicate with others about their experiences, good or bad, and maybe help others if they can

·
Registered
17 Posts
Fortunately I do not seem to have suffered any of these problems with my now two month old (and 2000 miles driven) S edition. That is apart from the irritating "check tyre pressure" message. This is not a low pressure warning but rather seems to be a maintenance reminder. I believe I have re-initialised the system several times but remain unsure if this is an irritating system fault, or my own operating error (the handbook is amazingly opaque in places). It does not seem to be enough on its own to justify a dealer visit so I am keen to learn from anyone else if they have been given an explanation/solution for it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Fortunately I do not seem to have suffered any of these problems with my now two month old (and 2000 miles driven) S edition. That is apart from the irritating "check tyre pressure" message. This is not a low pressure warning but rather seems to be a maintenance reminder. I believe I have re-initialised the system several times but remain unsure if this is an irritating system fault, or my own operating error (the handbook is amazingly opaque in places). It does not seem to be enough on its own to justify a dealer visit so I am keen to learn from anyone else if they have been given an explanation/solution for it.
I'm guessing it's a Software issue with newer Capturs as my 7 month old Captur never used to do it but after it went in to the Dealer a few weeks ago for an unrelated problem and they told me that they had installed a Software update it comes up with TPI on start up regularly.
Personally I just ignore it and press the up button on the far right of the Steering wheel to get the Speedo back.
It'll probably get resolved when there's another update 🤔

1 - 11 of 11 Posts