Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

Has anyone tried this chiptuning kit:

Chiptuning Tuningkit Carbon Renault Capturhttp://ro.tuningkit.com/chiptuning/renault/captur/captur./1.5-dci-90-66kw/index.php

They say that this kit will not leave any trail to software of Capture...

Buy it, or not to buy?

Tnx 4 your opinions.

BR

·
Registered
260 Posts
From personal experience no tuning box is truly untraceable. If anything was to happen which required an engineer to bring up the telematics it will show the increased power,change in fuel to air mix etc and they'd know a box had been used which voids the warranty. I've only ever done it on older cars outside the warranty. You can get good results on diesels with tuning boxes, depends on if you don't mind taking the risk. Bearing in mind diesel engine parts dont come cheap if something fails.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But they claim that this chip tuning module leaves no trace on car computer. Also, they give warranty on the machine. It is very interesting because of lower fuel consumption...

·
Registered
306 Posts
TDI Tuning say an improvement of 4-6 mpg although I can't help but think that's ambitious, but I've never chipped a previous car before so can't speak from experience

·
Registered
306 Posts
Was thinking the same earlier, imagine telling everyone on here your results from the chip/ box and then taking it in for a service? Bye Bye warranty

·
Registered
306 Posts
I agree if they didn't know it was fitted I don't think they would come across the bits, unless they took it for a test drive and thought hmmmm this is a bit quicker than normal...I'm at the dealers later so I will ask what their position is regarding tuning as I remember a few years ago I bought my Caddy van and VW where offering a Star Chip as an official item if fitted by them when newwith no effect on the warranty

·
Registered
260 Posts
Dealer tuning is less of an issue if they offer it as an option. 3rd party tuning boxes are a different story. And as the cpu records data on pretty much everything these days,even if the box was removed the parameter changes will be stored on board unless the chips flashed. During a service the mechanic will be using a computer even for little things like resetting the service indicator. Big companies will find any excuse to avoid paying out if anything fails.
Id definitely get some advice before doing anything to be on the safe side!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Your right Cj86 had a chat with them today and their going to check if there is an approved company that can 'enhance' the performance without any warranty issues. They didn't dismiss it so that's promising as an extra 20-30 BHP could come in handy!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Not necessarily, if it can be done without causing issues with the warranty it can be beneficial especially with turbo diesels as theres lots of room for tweaking. But id be very suprised if Renault would allow it!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'd certainly wait for one of the bigger tuning companies to bring something along. Not that i'm against Romanian tuning or anything. Superchips or something should be reliable. I'd think a sensible map of about 100bhp on the 90 TCe should be no problem and could really make a noticable difference to how it feels. Going by past experience. Obviously engine related failures could be blamed on the map, and warranty voided. Warranty should still be intact for the rest of the car though.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Turbo diesels are worth chipping...surprising what you can achieve....but is it really worth it for a 1.5 unit? You pay quite a lot for the tuning...you don't need the boy racer part of it...and the fuel improvement will not cover the cost of the chipping..will it?
On bigger units it's worth doing...Skoda Yeti diesel engine chipped is BRILLIANT!...but I believe a unit from 2.0 upwards..pays rewards.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts