Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, silly question time. I've been merrily driving with Climate control on 20. Now the warmer weather is with us, do I turn climate control / air con off when I drive with the window open or leave it on?
What does everyone else do ?

·
Registered
921 Posts
air con works with all the Windows closed to be effective

·
Registered
924 Posts
Turn it down to 18. Then the temperature gradient between it and the heat filtering through the windscreen will become lower, and more comfortable.
You can always click it up to 19 if that is too cool. You cold change the direction of the climate control airflow to come through the windscreen vents. This will cool the windscreen area. However, you will loose the "auto" mechanism and may have to adjust stuff yourself.

With the window open you will be trying to cool down the world. Well that might be a solution to global warming.

Edited by: crossbow

·
Super Moderator
2,841 Posts
My Galaxy is the first car I have owned with climate control. I leave it set to 20 deg C and "auto" all year round, with all windows closed. The only adjustments I have to make are in winter to move it into "maximum defrost" mode in conjunction with the heated front screen, when the screen has iced up, then when all is clear I press the "auto" button again.I suggest that you should do the same. Opening a window with A/C or climate on will just confuse the poor system. Climate will (should?) try to reach the set temperature as soon as possible, then stay there

·
Registered
863 Posts
soon as you open a window air con ceases to be of any use.you have got to have windows shut for aircon to work.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Barrowboy63 said:
Ok, silly question time. I've been merrily driving with Climate control on 20. Now the warmer weather is with us, do I turn climate control / air con off when I drive with the window open or leave it on?
What does everyone else do ?
There's no harm in having the air conditioning on and a window open - you can direct cool air at your wrists to keep your core temperature down whilst enjoying the fresh air experience, but you need to take it off 'auto' as this will try to cool the world as described; just set a fan speed and temperature setting that feels about right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts