Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automatic climate control
I'm not near my handbook

How does the auto climate control work please peeps ??

Lyn

·
Registered
68 Posts
As far as I know you just set the control to the temperature you want then hit the auto button. The system will then automatically adjust the fans, AC and heater etc to make the ambient cabin temperature what you've set it at.

Is this what you wanted to know?

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
johnco said:
As far as I know you just set the control to the temperature you want then hit the auto button. The system will then automatically adjust the fans, AC and heater etc to make the ambient cabin temperature what you've set it at.

Is this what you wanted to know?
V

Hi John
Indeed it was

So if I understand correctly if I want it on chilly I leave the control on chilly and just pop reds auto
If I need a high setting I set the TEMp control but just press auto every time I get in the car

?

Am I right ?
Lyn

·
Registered
924 Posts
Lyn,Once you set the rotary dial to the desired temperature, and press auto, you don't need to touch it ever again.

If you then want it warmer turn the dial from, say 19 to 20. Cooler rotate dial to 18.

You only need to press auto again if you touch any of the other controls. If you do touch the other controls, you will notice the auto light goes out. Pressing auto will turn on the auto light, and reset the controls to optimum.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
crossbow said:
Lyn,Once you set the rotary dial to the desired temperature, and press auto, you don't need to touch it ever again.

If you then want it warmer turn the dial from, say 19 to 20. Cooler rotate dial to 18.

You only need to press auto again if you touch any of the other controls. If you do touch the other controls, you will notice the auto light goes out. Pressing auto will turn on the auto light, and reset the controls to optimum.
Hi Crssbow

Just like an arrow direct and precise information

Thank you for that it's brilliant I'm going to set it up later
Your a star

·
Super Moderator
2,795 Posts
What climate control should do is, for example, on a cold winter morning, set the heater to maximum to warm the cabin, then as it approaches the set temperature, it automatically turns down the heat.
In summer it does the opposite, rapidly cooling the car to the chosen temperature then maintaining it at that setting.
You shouldn't need to adjust the temperature setting at all. I've had my present Galaxy over 10 years and the climate control is set to 20 deg C. The only thing I adjust is pressing the "max defrost" button as required, in winter. Other than that, set to auto and 20C, it just does its thing, varying the temperature and fans speeds as necessary (there are 2 heaters and fans, one in the front and one at the side in the rear). I hope that the Captur's system proves to be as easy and brilliant to use

·
Registered
924 Posts
As an addition to IvorETower's explanation, I'd like to add a little that is Captur specific. When the ECO button is pressed and active, the climate control will not work at maximum. The ECO manages the work load on the engine, and gives an optimum setting to the controls. If you make ECO inactive, without touching any other controls, the fans and air conditioning will resume full operation.
You can test this yourself by listening out for the fan. On a hot or cold day, and ECO off the climate control will run the fan as hard as necessary to achieve the desire temperature as quickly as possible. If you press the ECO to turn it on, prior to the optimum temperature being reached, you will notice a reduction in fan noise (and its power).

I tend to drive with the ECO on all the time. If I want a boost to help demist the screen or cool the car down quickly, I disable the ECO. I don't need to touch any of the climate controls. Once the desired temperature is reached, I re-engage the ECO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts