Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much deliberation deciding wether to purchase Kia Sportage or Capture we picked our Dynamique S Media nav Ivory and Black with Gloss pack up on sept 1st unfortunately after two days and 27 miles
the clutch pedal locked and my wife was stuckon a dual carriageway and had to be towed back to the garage.
The problem we are told is that the clutch pipe came detatched and lost all the clutch fluid apparently the pipe is joined to another pipe via an elbow clip which was blown off by the pressure (not a good design). Needless to say parts not available in UK and got to wait 10days for the part which to me is not satisfactory I would have thought these parts could be dispatched next day in this day and age. Seriously looking to ask for our money back but unsure how we would stand in this situation

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Ah sorry to hear that, I'd be gutted so I don't blame you for having your doubts. As far as I know you have to give them the opportunity to fix it first, if it happens again however...

I guess the delay is down to it being so new out and parts not being readily available yet. Hopefully this means Renault didn't expect anything to go wrong..

Keep us updated with how you get on.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Terrible!....I hoped that reliability was going to be a priority with Renault...as in the past it has been poor...
Not a good start by any means...I hope it's resolved to your satisfaction....and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is a one off!
Very disappointing!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glad to say got car back hopefully issue resolved. No apology or explanation from Holdcrofts which is a bit disappointing

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Yet another example of the dealer letting down the manufacturer and their clients...All too common these days...The couldn't care, brush off approach is common across quite s number of large dealerships and causes frustration and a lot of wasted time!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts