Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Can anyone throw any light on my problem?? 2014 captur cold start up I have replay glow plug relay + glow plugs and fuel regulator sensor + camshaft sensor coolant sensor... had the car to the dealer no error codes found and they say cannot find any thing wrong but still takes 15 to 20 seconds to start … But when it is warm no problems at all no power loss runs great and starts up in 1 or 2 seconds .. The car as only covered 27,000 miles. don't think the injectors are leaking back .. when starting from cold I have stop the engine after running 30 seconds and still takes 15 to 20 seconds to start. help please

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hi bit of a poser; suggest check the battery voltage and connections to starter motor, some after market crankshaft sensors can pose problems

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi bit of a poser; suggest check the battery voltage and connections to starter motor, some after market crankshaft sensors can pose problems
New battery fitted genuine parts used still taking 15 to 20 seconds to start up. I have only ever used genuine parts don't think being a poser as any thing to do cold start up do you

·
Registered
305 Posts
New battery fitted genuine parts used still taking 15 to 20 seconds to start up. I have only ever used genuine parts don't think being a poser as any thing to do cold start up do you
Sorry Meant conundrum,puzzle,problem etc

·
Super Moderator
2,454 Posts
How long have you had the car, and has it always been difficult to start when the engine is cold?

·
Registered
7 Posts
How long have you had the car, and has it always been difficult to start when the engine is cold?
Hi many thanks answering me.. I have had the car 4 years. All ways started first time when cold.. Be services with the dealer. Dealer say they cannot fined any thing wrong with it. But they all so say it should start quicker than it is.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Because it starts well when hot it could be faltering heater plugs or fuel pump.

It’s also worth considering using a fuel cleaning additive twice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Many thanks.. The glow plugs are all new as well as the relay.. I do have redx in the tank now ran about 100 miles no change yet

·
Super Moderator
2,454 Posts
Would the EGR valve cause starting problems though? Diesel is compression-ignition so as long as the fuel is injected correctly and there is enough heat, combustion should occur. Maybe a problem with injection timing? or crankshaft position sensor? - butt hen I'd expect that you would also get other starting and running issues. Seems like an odd one to solve

·
Registered
7 Posts
Many thanks to everyone for your reply.. I have cleaned EGR valve but still 15 to 20 seconds to start. No air in the fuel feed line. Now going to start checking the wiring to and from Ecu. Not a quick job will get back on the forum when completed

·
Registered
34 Posts
Many thanks to everyone for your reply.. I have cleaned EGR valve but still 15 to 20 seconds to start. No air in the fuel feed line. Now going to start checking the wiring to and from Ecu. Not a quick job will get back on the forum when completed
Hi,do you use bio diesel if so your fuel filter might need changing alot more often.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts