Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people, i wonder if anyone else has had the problem i have with regards to the colour of my Captur.I ordered my Captur back in June and was given a brochure and told to pick the colour i wanted. I had a limited choice as i did not want metallic paint due to the road conditions where i live. I saw the Boston Blue liked it and went for that colour. When i went to pick my Captur up on the 6/9/13 i very nearly cried, the colour was nothing at all similar to the colour i had chosen from the brochure.
When i got home i went on the Renault website and found Boston blue which was the colour i was expecting, however when you go to configure your captur the Boston blue you are shown in the actual colour that my car is, a horrible slate grey.
i was delighted to find your website and discovered the colour Smoked Marine Blue which is the colour i had picked from the Brochure. A phone call will now be made to Renault UK on Monday morning.

·
Registered
260 Posts
There's a post somewhere on the site called 'Boston blue in the flesh'. I think you'll find the colour the same. There's been a few complaints that the brochure colour doesn't look like the real thing. If you look at the colours on this site they dont have the UK names. Pacific blue instead of Tahoe blue for instance. So sorry to say I think you did order the same colour but unfortunately it looks nothing like the brochure colour. Its just been given a different name for the UK.
Edited by: Cj86

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hi and welcome, I am sorry to hear of your disappointment with the colour you had ordered. You mention the colour Smoked Marine Blue, to be honest I haven't heard of that one, on what page in the brochure does it mention it?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hi helenapp, welcome to the forum.
As cj86 mentioned there is a post somewhere on the site mentioning this, can't remember where though. Really must of been a disappointment as the colour is such a personal choice when choosing a car. Hope you get this sorted.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I mentioned earlier that it was nothing like the colour in the brochure...but I am aware that some people like the colour...down to personal taste...but for me the non metallic is very muted and when I saw it, it is indeed a grey blue.

That and the bright blue are the only blues in the range helenapp...Maybe you will be able to swap it for a colour you do like with your dealer...no point in compromising and being unhappy with it..that's what I would do...but it will entail a wait...

I feel for you....

·
Registered
824 Posts
Hi Helen
Have you had any news from Renault about this colour difference problem....curious to find out how you have gone on with them!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts