Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you are entitled to any compensation for a late delivery? I ordered my captur on 27th august. Was told delivery would be 23rd December. It still hasn't been delivered! I keep being told it left the import depot on 22nd December so it should arrive. I am now just getting annoyed. Apparently they are also only putting in enough diesel to get me to a petrol station! I found this very disappointing. Chances are my car won't come before 2014. I was also informed that as they provided me with a courtesy car they may not be prepared to provide any compensation ... Baring in mind they gave me a courtesy car because they had mine to sell! So they had to give me a car.
I feel like I am being messed around.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Tel, it sounds a bit that you are being messed around a bit....
but compensation is in the 'lap of the Gods'!

It's how late it arrives....I would push for some fuel in it mate....but there's not too much you can do really!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Yes I shall be asking for a full tank if they don't offer it anyway. It is just a little frustrating ˜”

·
Registered
72 Posts
Unless you state on the documents that the delivery time is 'the essence of the contract' then you're at their mercy. I'd expect some goodwill of sorts but it's up to the dealer really.

·
Registered
169 Posts
hi Tel sounds the same as myself i ordered in August and was told delivery would be just before christmas have now been told second week in January i now have to go and renew my road tax on my polo plus had to spend 400 pounds on getting an Mot last week for it, so not best pleased to say the least if i am being being honest was not that impressed with the dealership i let the fact i really liked the capture and the garage is 10 mins from my house persuade me to buy from them, in hindsight wish i gone somewhere else with perhaps a salesman with more knowledge of the car. so i feel your pain the weight is ridiculous to be honest

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Not great Graham!
It sounds as if you're off to a bad start really...which is a shame as the Captur is a dream to own!

Your news about the dealership is frustrating..because they need to be on their toes should you have any problems, and I don't forsee any major ones, but advice on Media Nav or R link will probably be needed initially.
Add to that your warranty or servicing needs in the future.. I think a firm hand is needed to ensure you 'get what you've paid for'!!!

Happy New Year mate, when it comes!!

Edited by: Ythsie

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Graham, sounds like we are both getting messed about. It seems they don't know where my car is now as it left import centre 23rd and is yet to arrive at the dealership. I had an email from them to say they apologise and are trying to sort it out & obtain a definite date for delivery. That's so frustrating you have had to pay that out. I hope service for you improves with the dealership.

·
Registered
169 Posts
dont get me wrong folks am really excited about getting the car just very frustrated with my renault dealership and the lack of decent communication even now its a very vague should be here second week in January, will keep my fingers crossed but would not put my life savings on it lol

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
You have the main problem that crops up again and again..too many weak dealerships..Something that each manufacturer should be aware of...as it DOES impact on customer satisfaction of their make of cars!!

Edited by: Ythsie

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally picked up my captur yesterday!! So worth the wait! It still has to go back as they put the wrong seat covers on and haven't put the chrome pack on ... But I'm not bothered, I have the car now so whoop whoop. Not had chance to have a good play with r-link and settin everything up as yet. I'm going to sit and read through the manuals ;). Anyone know how to set the auto lock for the doors so when you start driving they automatically lock? Also the sound on the parking sensor isn't working, do I have to set that too??
Happy new yr to all us captur owners and future captur owners. I promise it's worth the wait ˜Š

1 - 13 of 13 Posts