Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to have an excessive amount of condensation especially on the front screen my old scenic never had this problem any ideas ?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Tustain said:
I seem to have an excessive amount of condensation especially on the front screen my old scenic never had this problem any ideas ?
Assume you switched the climate/control- aircon on? as its very good at getting rid of condensation when everyone gets in from being wet oustide the car. When I first got the Captur (climate control) I noticed abnormal condensation on front screen requiring the system to be on full to clear it...which was strange.....after a couple of weeks problem went away.

Edited by: MikeKL

·
Registered
306 Posts
I never have the a/c off nor recirc on and every time we get in the car I have to put the fan on high to clear the screen. Sometimes we've only been out half an hour and as soon as the engine starts it steams up, is this common with Renault as every car I have previously owned hasn't done this UNLESS the a/c was off or recirc was on

·
Registered
91 Posts
Same "problem" Especially if we get crowded inside. (2 - 3 people) Never had it before. I think that the "problem" is that no air circulates when the climate is off! Had to press the defrosting switch to clear the "mess"!

·
Registered
215 Posts
i have had this problem with my volvo s40. before leaving the car make sure the ventilation isset to the floor area, i found that helped solve the problem on the volvo as cold air was condensing on the window as the inside of the car was slightly warmer
worth a try to see if it helps

·
Registered
306 Posts
Think Julian was right and my wires were crossed

Since turning the a/c off the problem has disappeared! this is strange to me as the exact opposite happens with my VW Caddy...

Incidentally it's made no difference to the mpg figure

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
<div align="right">Strange...I have aircon on all the time...and often have four people in the car and never have problems demisting!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts