Renault Captur Forums banner

Cornering headlights/driving in France

7K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  michaella 
#1 ·
Hi, I am new here so hope I have posted this in the right place?!

We have had our new Captur since Wednesday and will be driving to paris tomorrow, it has just crossed my mind that I have no idea what to do re the headlights? I know with some vehicles you require the stick on deflectors and some can be adjusted but we also have the self cornering headlights so I am unsure if this will be an issue?

The other concern I have is that is now illegal in France to have any equipment, even phones/sat navs which detect speed cameras, does anyone know how to disable This feature on the medianav?

Thanks in advance for your help!

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the forum LL875.
The headlights have an adjuster inside the engine compartment. The adjuster is moved to the LHD setting for use on the continent. See page 1.66 of your handbook. It will have been supplied with the car, or can be found on-line. There is even an e-guide that is interactive.

Edited by: crossbow

#8 ·
... qnd don't forget your mobile breathalyser kits and hi-viz jackets in the cabin, NOT the boot. I've been put off driving in France ever again by the multitude of their stupid and petty laws

#12 ·
crossbow said:
Welcome to the forum LL875.
The headlights have an adjuster inside the engine compartment. The adjuster is moved to the LHD setting for use on the continent. See page 1.66 of your handbook. It will have been supplied with the car, or can be found on-line. There is even an e-guide that is interactive. 

Could you give us the link please

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.