Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yikes, my poor Captur is covered in the dust that is polluting different parts of the country.
I'm on the east coast of Norfolk where it's bad. Anyone else dreading cleaning this off?

·
Super Moderator
2,373 Posts
Not only did it stain both our cars on Monday (and it was forecast to be a dry day too) just after I spent hours washing them, but it's getting up my nose and making me sneeze :-( I'm a hay fever sufferer, and once it starts, dust also sets me off.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Its not much fun at all having a brand new car only to have it covered in Saudi dust within 48 hours.Not impressed at all. If I use the jet wash water spray will that be OK? I am absolutely terrified of scratching her.

·
Super Moderator
2,373 Posts
Eeek, I avoid jet washes like the plague! They're too strong and come with warnings not to damage tyres or the window seal rubbers, and they strip wax off the paint in no time. Bucket and sponge, or the local team of people who was at petrol stations, supermarket car parks etc; they tend to use plenty of water and good quality cloths to dry the paintwork.

In the past, the advice used to be to allow 6 to 8 weeks for the paint on a new car to fully harden, then apply a decent coat of car wax. Re-wax only once or twice a year. Not sure how much of that still holds true

·
Registered
8 Posts
Rinse with a hose, snow foam, leave to dwell for 10 minutes and the foam lifts all the sand away and runs off. (If the car has had a good quality wax applied all the muck simply rinses off if snow foam not an option) Rinse with pressure washer, 2 bucket method and pat dry with microfiber cloth. I wouldn't ever let somebody wash my car in a supermarket carpark, their cloths covered in muck and grit from the last 10 cars they've washed. www.detailingworld.co.uk is a great website for tips.

·
Registered
68 Posts
IvorETower said:
In the past, the advice used to be to allow 6 to 8 weeks for the paint on a new car to fully harden, then apply a decent coat of car wax. Re-wax only once or twice a year. Not sure how much of that still holds true

Given the current state of affairs re delivery times that shouldn't be a problem for most of us

1 - 15 of 15 Posts