Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I select this on the computer it is all over the place.Jumping from o.oo to 99.9,and it is never stable.Anybody else have this problem on this reading?Also I think I am getting nothing like the claimed mileage,and averaging 55mpg (1.5 diesel) this includes doing a 500 mile round trip on the motorway.
My garage has told me that I should be getting better mpg than this,and if it does not improve to bring it in for a check.
Reading on the forum I see other users getting well over 60mpg. Do realise I am never going to get the claimed mileage figures,but could other users let me know what sort of mileage they are getting with the above model?
Thinking of doing a long trip this week to see if the mileage will improve.
Must admit I really like this car,and it has nearly everything I want in a car at the present

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hi jkd41, I have the same model as you and have travelled 1,600 miles. So far my average fuel consumption is 69.7 mpg. As you travel along your 'current' mpg will fluctuate, mine does (as all cars do) and seems to fluctuate between 30 mpg and 99.9 mpg depending upon how fast I am accelerating and whether I am going up or down hill.

I have done a mixture of both urban and motorway driving and have kept the Eco button on. I also have the R Link which records how well you are driving taking into account various factors, so far my score is 91/100, so I must be doing something right.

In the main I your fuel consumption is dependant upon how fast you accerlate, the speed you travel at, number of people in the car and whether you use the air con or not.

If you haven't been using the Eco button give it a try as I am told this should increase fuel effiecency by up to 10%.Edited by: iang

·
Registered
116 Posts
Not sure if I have misunderstood you? If you have it set on Current Fuel consumption, it will be all over the place as it indicates the second by second consumption based on many factors. For example, if you travel downhill with your foot off the pedal, it will likely read 99.9mpg You need it to be on the next setting which is average MPG, to give the accurate figure average figure over time. This can also be reset before a journey.Hope that makes sense

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have now done over 1000 miles - in my 1.5 diesel - best average I've managed on a weekend country road (NE Scotland) is 65 mpg - I do have a heavy right foot ( even in Eco mode). - if I was to keep below 70mph on the motorway I'm sure I'd achieve about the same - but I like to use the outside lane - so I must compromise on mpg - still it is much better than my 2ltre petrol kia sportage (new model) - only managed 32mpg!!!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Craistir, you've got to be very happy with that mpg on our Scottish roads!

ESPECIALLY if you like the outside lane!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So really current fuel consumption display is a waste of time as it just jumps all over the place.I do use average fuel consumption display most of the time,but I am seeing iang getting an average of 69.7.Just cannot understand how I am only averaging 55mpg in the same model of car.Very careful driver,and the accelerator is not abused.
My previous car was a Megane with the same engine,and I averaged 65mpg in this on long trips.
Will give it a couple of weeks using the eco button,and see if it improves.
Thanks for the replies

·
Registered
317 Posts
I wouldn't say the 'current' fuel consumption reading is a waste of time as I find it quite useful to see what I am getting as I drive along. If you are driving carefully as you say you are I would have thought you would be getting 60+ mpg. Give it a couple of weeks and if it doesn't improve get it checked out.

I will keep you posted as to how mine goes over the next few weeks.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I keep getting just over 66 on shorter trips and 69.7 on two longer trips, mix of 60 mile roads and dual carriageway. I am about to drive to Croatia which is usually done over two days total of 1450 miles each way plus whatever I do there. Have done thosejourneys in Honda CR-v old and new, Juke Tekna 1.5 dci and never managed more than about 39 miles average. Can't wait to tryCapture

·
Registered
317 Posts
WOW vbl thats one heck of a journey and will give your Captur a chance to show you how it can perform. So far I am getting roughly the same fuel economy as you. I have travelled just under 2,000 miles so far and I am averaging 69.9 mpg.

·
Registered
338 Posts
iang said:
WOW vbl thats one heck of a journey and will give your Captur a chance to show you how it can perform. So far I am getting roughly the same fuel economy as you. I have travelled just under 2,000 miles so far and I am averaging 69.9 mpg.
It is fun when the weather is good but when we hit rain on German motorways I find that my vocabulary gets richer - and my traveling partner can't drive (goodness knows why not, he does this journey with me twice a year for years now..)
It may be because this is how he looks

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Haha! I thought he was like me...blind as a bat...relying on my companion...but no!...super!! I have a Cocker..15 years old, and on his way out...sad!!

My next road trip will be out to Croatia or Montenegro in the Captur...but I will give my partner a few days to cover that and see things on the way...

I love being driven on German roads in all weather conditions..we do Amsterdam to Torun in Poland frequently ...but in my son's Audi S8..Wonderful!

Last toad trip with him was 3500 kms in three days across Europe..Nurburg Ring...Stelvio - Davos Pass and back to Poland... 20mpg...average ...V10 5.2...lol!!!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Wow Ythsie you sound like a proper petrolhead! That sounds like a epic trip always wanted to drive the stelvio and the Nurbugring wonder if we can get an Audi V10 on the r-link app, would be awesome especially in the tunnels

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
LOVE cars Frosty!!..but not allowed to drive! So I have the benefit of being driven to fabulous places....and I can have a drink!!

German autobalms are unbelievable.....especially closer to Poand when they're empty..280kmph makes the world stop and the knees shake!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just a quick update.Took my Captur for a long run this morning and averaged 63mpg. So it is getting better mileage,and I am quite happy with that

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Haven't seen anyone post mpg for a 1.2 auto yet.....Is there anyone out there running one?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've had my 0.9TCe for 3 days and it's averaging 37mpg at the moment, so i'm hoping that'll improve. It hasn't done 100 miles yet though, and my route to work isn't too economical.

·
Registered
335 Posts
37 OMG I hope that's because your thrashing it. That's got to be the lowest mpg I've seen. Are you sure it's not the average mph?

1 - 20 of 219 Posts