1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daily driving stories/ problems

A driver pulled out on me today in the outer lane of a dual carriage way,
I was traveling just a little over 70mph uphill, their speed was 50mph
it caused me, and two other cars to brake hard.

The car deliberately stayed in that outer lane at 50mph for well over two miles causing a long tail back.

·
Registered
878 Posts
This is only another example of can't be bothered driving, along with not indicating, not giving way on roundabouts , pulling out in front at minor road junctions etc etc. Unfortunately this now IS the modern trend way to drive .

·
Registered
288 Posts
As is obvious from the people who get done for driving without insurance/tax/MOT/whilst disqualified, too many people treat driving as a right not a privilege... Mind you, are you sure it wasn't the bloke pulled by Essex Police recently who couldn't read a number plate at 2 metres...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Daily driving stories/ problems

A driver pulled out on me today in the outer lane of a dual carriage way,
I was traveling just a little over 70mph uphill, their speed was 50mph
it caused me, and two other cars to brake hard.

The car deliberately stayed in that outer lane at 50mph for well over two miles causing a long tail back.
out of curiosity what was type of car was they driving?

I have big problems with people driving BMW, Audi's and Range Rovers.... literally every driver of these cars are complete A***holes!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
It's the arrogance they display in thinking they own the road with a posh motor. I owned a small construction plant hire company before I retired and on occasion I would jump into one of the JCB diggers to move it from site to site. I took great pleasure in deliberately frightening the life out of the beamers, Audi's and Range Rover drivers that thought they had a devine right of passage. For some strange reason they didn't try to intimidate someone driving an eight ton digger

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Their out to get me today, 24 in a 40 zone, turning right in front of me
pulling out in front then 21 mph in a 30 zone

·
Registered
18 Posts
Today was a generally nice and easy to cruise into the office.... just the usual battle with road owning Range Rovers.

I wonder what the stats are for these beasts being bumped and written off, id imagine high the way they barge around the road.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am having lots of problems today with my E.S.P. I have been unable to estimate when cars in
front suddenly pull up then turn on their indicators to turn into a side street.

Just wondering if others have been having problems with their Extra Sensory Perception today.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I am having lots of problems today with my E.S.P. I have been unable to estimate when cars in
front suddenly pull up then turn on their indicators to turn into a side street.

Just wondering if others have been having problems with their Extra Sensory Perception today.
You been watching ET again.smile_big:

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
The golden age of competent drivers was probably the late 60's to the end of the 70's. After that the "me me me" attitude of the Thatcher generation had a lot to answer for in bad road manners

·
Registered
406 Posts
Daily commute to work consists of works van man driving at 70-75mph hogging outside lane ot tailgating me on dual carriage way, thought they were limited to 60mph, people driving with faulty or only 1 headlights and tail lights knowingly working for weeks months at a time without being prepared to pay few quid to replace the bulbs but whilst prepared to blind other drivers as they simply switch on front fog lights to compensate there ignorance and stupidity.

People failing to actually switch on headlights when it is dark ( but its ok as front DRLs are on ) so it must be ok.
People constantly using mobiles whilst driving, driving really fast on minor roads when it is icy.
Tractors slow moving with huge trailers and other dangerous attachments with no warning orange beacons switched on,
Cars lorries vans failing to indicate when turning at junctions, roundabouts or when joining dual carriageways the list goes on.
Oh and big thank you to the HGV driver who decided to do a an Illegal U turn on the A90 at Finavon causing me and others to slam on the brakes, alhough he was caught on dash camera so that was a plus.
Can,t remember last time I saw traffic police out and about due to financial cuts.
A90 at Brechin an absolute disgrace with massive potholes and flooding caused by failure of Bear Scotland to either resurface the whole stretch nor clear the drains and gullies which are full of mud and tree brances and debris causing road to constantly flood.
The list goes on
Rant over and feel better
Cheers
😀

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
^
I was up in that part of the world last August and recall a couple of sections of the A90 with significant roadworks (and I have previously visited/driven around there quite a lot in the late 1990's). Always puzzled me why someone would put a Bear in charge of maintaining the roads......

I got a bit lost in Forfar as the main through-road I used to take has been made one-way (the direction I was heading became no entry on the way to the large open car park) but I did manage to find my favourite Chinese restaurant again, eventually !

·
Registered
335 Posts
Heading out with the dog yesterday morning over the flooded Warwickshire Avon,signs it was receding but had been over the road. Debris included 19 plate BMW 1 series washed up on the verge. 2007,Shipton Under Wychwood,Oxfordshire. Driving towards the village seeing the dry stone walls flattened by the river Evenlode in heavy flood over the previous few days and the Mercs,BMW's and Audi's abbandoned after being washed into ditches and through hedge by four feet of raging flood water. Arrogance doesn't make you Moses.

·
Registered
406 Posts
^
I was up in that part of the world last August and recall a couple of sections of the A90 with significant roadworks (and I have previously visited/driven around there quite a lot in the late 1990's). Always puzzled me why someone would put a Bear in charge of maintaining the roads......

I got a bit lost in Forfar as the main through-road I used to take has been made one-way (the direction I was heading became no entry on the way to the large open car park) but I did manage to find my favourite Chinese restaurant again, eventually !
Hi Baldyman1810,
What you never tried one of our famous Bridies but stopped for a chinese 😀

The roadworks are a pain but will soon be finished and as for parking well it,s wll publicised here that t the local council introduced parking charges which aint went down well at all.
You would have probably noticed that the town centre or what is left of it is dead.
Hope u enjoyed your meal

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
The Chinese was as good as it ever was when I used to visit it fairly regularly in the late 1990's... although it has changed ownership since then. And yes, the town centre did appear somewhat deserted

1 - 18 of 18 Posts