Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I live in France and have a LHD French Captur. Unfortunately everything is in French (except my reading skill).
Does anyone know how to change the dashboard messages from Frenchto English? IEthe display of warnings, average fuel consumption,current fuel consumption, distance to empty,etc.

Appreciate any help.

Wayne

·
Registered
236 Posts
On R-Link you just have to change the language setting and it will change the dash language as well. If you have Medianav, I suppose you can set the language in a similar way.

·
Registered
35 Posts
For changing language on trip computer above speed and rpm dials (not media nav or r link which is simple user modification) you need to speak with garage. I had language successfully changed from Spainsh to English and it needs to be connected to diagnostic equip to be changed.

Garage where I bought car in Spain were very helpful, it took a little time for them to update software on their diagnostic equip to recognise the captur but once done it was easy to change language. It's not possible without connection to diagnostic equip in garage, this is my understandingEdited by: MikeKL

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ah! I have been searching for a solution to this with no success and this might be the answer. I also have a problem with the reversing sensors as pressing the switch to turn them off/on appears to do nothing according to the display. Of course I will need to test it to see if it is just that it doesn't show up on the display and is actually switching off/on.

I also live in Spain and have everything in Spanish.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just for the record and in case it helps someone else, the reversing sensors are working, there just is no message to say so on the display. AND there is a little red/orange light on the switch and perversely when the light is on then the switch is off i.e. the sensors are OFF when the light is on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts