Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fitted a Dashcam today and thought I would share the wiring connections to the positive fuse box and ground in pictures . I wired into the cigarette lighter position 32 which is an ignition switch live so ideal using a piggyback fuse . Hopefully you can see which position in the picture . The ground position is behind the dash side panel which can be removed with pry tools . I purchased the camera wiring kit from Amazon which includes everything you need to install .

·
Registered
4 Posts
John, what size fuse did you use for the dash cam itself ?
My dash cam has the plug that goes into the *** lighter but iam going to hard wire it in like you. I should think if you use the *** lighter fuse then the dash cam can run the same fuse as you would be using that fuse if you use the socket. Hope that makes sense

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi - the dash cam fuse is 3 amp which is included in the Amazon kit along with the piggyback adaptor .
The piggy back goes into the cigarette lighter fuse position . You then place the original cigarette lighter fuse into the piggy adaptor . Then the 3 amp into the piggy back to power the Dashcam . Basically you are using one fuse box position to power two items but they have their own fuse . Hope that helps .
It’s a bit tight in the fuse box so may require some long nose pliers to help .
See the wiring kit I used below . This is required as drops the power to I believe 5v .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts