Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

looking for as much help a possible, just bought a Renault Captur tce 900cc, 2013 plate.
Day Running Lights don't come on at all, tried everything, have they been disabled by the previous owner/s, does someone have the answer.

regards Robbie.

·
Super Moderator
2,725 Posts
Impossible to say without doing some investigation.
Did you buy privately, in which case ask the previous owner.
Have you checked the fuses?

It would be very rare for all LEDs to die after just a few years so it's most likely been disabled in software or else there is a fault somewhere (such as a blown fuse)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the Fuse no 17 is for the Day Running Lights is missing so that must explain why there not coming on, now the question is what is the wattage of the Fuse I need to put in to hopefully get them to work

·
Registered
398 Posts
Are your brake lights working? If so, it's not that fuse. In the meantime I'll check what the rating is.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Can't find anything reliable online but it's a 5A fuse in my car. With my last Scenic, the real car doesn't even slightly resemble the Owners' Manual in fuse layouts. Hopefully the Captur bears a closer reality.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can't find anything reliable online but it's a 5A fuse in my car. With my last Scenic, the real car doesn't even slightly resemble the Owners' Manual in fuse layouts. Hopefully the Captur bears a closer reality.
many thanks for your time and help, like you I searched for ages but nothing, spoke to an Electrician at work and he also reckons its 5a fuse

·
Registered
398 Posts
Renault fuse diagrams are designed to confuse. If fuse 17 is the culprit, the brake light will be not working too. Don't hold your breath.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
now here's the next issue, cant seem to get the front fog lights to work, rear ok, tried everything, any ideas

·
Super Moderator
2,725 Posts
Another missing fuse, or missing relay? Do you have the dipped headlights on when trying to turn the fog lights on?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts