Renault Captur Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
I wasn't aware they were doing Bluefin for the Captur yet.<div abp="1657">Great news, Bluefin is a superb piece of kit.

<div abp="1658">According to superchips website +21bhp and +58NM torque.
<div abp="1659">I think I'd like that, as it gives the best of both worlds.<br abp="1660">The power of the 110bhp, but with the better gearing of the 5-speed box.
<div abp="1659">Win/Win.
<div abp="1659">
<div abp="1659">For those not au-fait with Bluefin, it's a wee hand-held 'pod' that comes to you in the post with a remap pre-loaded on it.
<div abp="1659">You plug it into the OBD port yourself and add/remove the remap at will.
<div abp="1659">It saves you having to go to a tuning shop to have the remap done.
<div abp="1659">It's not quite as good as a custom map tailored to your specific engine, but it's good enough for 99% of people 99% of the time.

Edited by: bol d'or

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
I don't see how people can be "disappointed" with Bluefin.It either works or it doesn't.
Granted, it's a generic map and therefore not quite as good as a custom map, but any idiot should be able to notice +21bhp and +58NM.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
vibe60 said:
It seems that some don't get as much as promised
<div abp="887">
<div abp="888">The only way they'd know they aren't getting as much poweras 'promised' is to go on a dyno.
<div abp="889">And if they're paying for dyno time to check the power, they'd have been as well paying for a custom map....
<div abp="889">Besides, only a fool would expect the exact figures Superchips quote.
<div abp="889">I'm sure their T+C state that power can vary from engine to engine.
<div abp="889">You might get 2bhp less than they say, you might actually get more.
All stuff you should be willing to accept when you buy Bluefin.
<div abp="889">If you're not willing to accept it, get a custom map.
<div abp="890">
<div abp="891">

<div abp="895">
<div abp="896">
<div abp="896">

·
Registered
76 Posts
I can tell you that bluefin are not an option on 2016 model an onwards. They havechanged the ECU version to Bosch EDC17C84 who has to be tuned with a "boot loader".
I got 120 hp in my dci90 edc 2016. It is not a rocket, but does a fine job.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Biggeege said:
or just buy the 120bhp petrol for a start with the twin clutch if you want a quicker one.
<div abp="889">
<div abp="890">Edited, I just realised what you meant.
<div abp="890">Mapping a 90bhp diesel to higher power levels seems a better option than the TCE to me.
<div abp="890">Have you seen the horrendous MPG people are reporting from the TCE?
<div abp="890">I bet a mapped Dci90 gives the same, or possibly better, MPG than normal.
<div abp="890">So a LOT more than a TCE.
<div abp="890"><br abp="892">
<div abp="893">

·
Registered
134 Posts
bol d'or said:
Biggeege said:
or just buy the 120bhp petrol for a start with the twin clutch if you want a quicker one.
<div abp="889">
<div abp="890">Edited, I just realised what you meant.
<div abp="890">Mapping a 90bhp diesel to higher power levels seems a better option than the TCE to me.
<div abp="890">Have you seen the horrendous MPG people are reporting from the TCE?
<div abp="890">I bet a mapped Dci90 gives the same, or possibly better, MPG than normal.
<div abp="890">So a LOT more than a TCE.
<div abp="890"><br abp="892">
It get's mid 30's, better on a longer run, don't really care though as its not "horrendous" to me. Horrendous would be sub 25mpg

Remapping a boggo diesel isn't my thing, even the 120tce the fuel pressure is at its limit to that's too restricted to remap, and the type of people that buy captur's I wouldn't have thought would need to remap it.

I do wish they did a renaultsport captur, now that would be funny.

Sorry to digress the thread, back to 90 or 110 tractors.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
A Renaultsport Captur, like the Juke Nismo?<div abp="1667">I'm afraid I don't 'get' high performance versions of normal cars like that.
<div abp="1668">Yes, it would be a giggle surprising people with the speed of your Juke, but at the end of the day it's still just a Juke you've paid huge money for.
<div abp="1669">Vauxhall tried it with a high-performance version of their Zafira (you may remember the 'daddy cool' adverts)
<div abp="1669">Again, what was the point?
<div abp="1669">As far as I know they dropped it from the range.
<div abp="1669">In my opinion, if you're interested in buying the likes of a Captur/Juke/Zafira, then you're accepting it's not a performance car, so why on earth offer performance versions....

<div abp="1669">
<div abp="1670">

·
Registered
134 Posts
tell that to the RSQ3 owners with 350bhp.
I do agree, but if you need the space, its just like getting a fast estate car. need space but enjoy faster cars.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
<div abp="1159">Don't get those SQ cars either.
<div abp="1160">SUVs are never going to handle as well as a lower car, so what's the point?
<div abp="1161">They're just for utter showoffs.
<div abp="1161">Straight-line heroes.

<div abp="1161">

·
Registered
426 Posts
Just happened across this thread regarding 90bhp vs 110 Dci Captur engines.
There was a lot of talk about the 110 having a much lower,to the point of being annoyingly useless,first gear. It is actually 0.26mph per 1000rpm lower than the 90. So at the redline,a fraction over 1mph slower. Not a huge difference.
There was also talk about the 110 having a very peaky power delivery requiring more frequent gear changes.Really?
22% more bhp and 18% more torque than the 90 at the same revs and spread beautifully smoothly through the rev range.
The 110 is a brilliant,tractable engine,I have done 12,000 miles in 8 months in my Captur,nipping about locally,long runs,fully loaded for holidays,at an overall average of 64.3mpg. It uses no oil,cruises smoothly at motorway speeds or in A road traffic. The roll on through the higher gears is fantastic,due,no doubt,to the slightly lower,closer gear ratios and spread of torque.

The 90 a better engine? Absolutely not.Edited by: Baldyman1810

·
Registered
288 Posts
I had a 90 DCi on hire in Portugal, and found it to be a bit gutless, particularly on longish uphill sections of motorway, overtaking at legal speeds was a bit "put the foot to the floor and hope".

The interesting comparison is that the 90 petrol which I have is good, so long as you don't press "Eco" button!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Ah,the ECO button!!!! I have pressed the ECO button once only in my car. Made me wonder what exactly it does because it appears to cut out three cylinders and shut down the turbo on the remaining one. Switched it off again after half a mile of WTF!!!

·
Registered
288 Posts
It does improve consumption when running at a steady speed on the motorway, in Portugal it turned the air conditioning down to the point it was useless

21 - 37 of 37 Posts