Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just spoken with the dealer regarding my order fora Dynamique MediaNav.
It was due to leave the factory around early September. That has now been pushed back until end of September. So by the time it gets to me it will be a further three weeks. So I am now looking at around last week in October.

To be fair when I first enquired about Renault Captur in early July, theauto-version was not expected to be released in the UK until November, but the petrol version was released earlier than that. I wanted the petrol anyway.

So I guess that even MediaNav versions are in delay. Dealer says that Renault are receiving more orders than they expected.

Regards

Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
On reflection; why doesa larger than expected number of orders affect existing orders? After all, once an order is in the order pipeline and an estimated production date is given, why should there be any delay?
Well, I can think of two reasons. Firstly, there are orders that Renault consider to be of higher priority than the existing orders in the pipeline and bump these high-priority ordersup the queue. Secondly, there are production problems which add to the production time for the cars already on the line. In which case, it will have a knock-on affect to orders waiting to be processed. Production problems such as parts on back-order. On-the-fly modifications to production processes. Extended production times due to assembly problems. All of these would affect the cars on the line and thus those orders further up-stream.
Anyone any thoughts? I would be nice to hear from a dealer or Renault representative. Are there any on this forum?

Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Crossbow,
I think it's down to the model..I haven't heard or seen anyone with the 120 petrol version..which was being offered only in automatic.

That's why I'm tolerating a wait of three and a half months to get that model...I may be wrong.. but I think you and I are the only ones waiting on the forum...

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Sorry!!...You are so patient! Where's yours coming from?..lol!!
I think it's an endangered species and has been 'CAPTURED' on its way to Poland!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Contacted the dealer yesterday regarding delivery. Order my diesel medianav on 29 August and dealer confirmed that car will be in the Renault UK import centre last week in October. Not sure how long after that date but guessing another 2 or 3 weeks. I have ordered the R Link as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts