Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately I am being subjected to the delays caused with the RLink system. Ordered my Captur on the 1st July and was told a 1st September delivery date. Then after having to chase up the order, I found out it was delayed until October due to the factory being closed for the month of August. Contacted my dealer again today, only to find out I am now delayed until mid-november!! My tax, insurance and MOT are all due for renewal in November so safe to say I am very annoyed.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Mhhhh another one told of a delay sorry to hear that. It does make it worse when things are due up on it as well. Was told on Sunday that I have to wait till mine is in the country to get my private plate put on it.
This can take up to 10 working days, my own fault, but didn't fancy paying the fees for retaining it for three years. Any delay is agony ....

·
Registered
45 Posts
I ordered about 4 weeks ago Dynamic media nav with R link its came forward to the 23rd of Oct, dealer said it might come forward even more, just so desperate to get it now!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi, I ordered mine on Saturday 6th July. A Dynamique S 1.5 dci with r link and it will be at the dealers on the 18th September. Not sure why yours is taking that long.

You can just put it on a 1 year retention for £105, that's only £25 more than a straight swap and then you can change it over after you get the car. No delay then.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just added it to my order my feeling is that it will be like the I phone the apps will just grow & grow I would go for it!!

·
Registered
588 Posts
ive went for just the standard medianav and have been told the car will arrive at the dealership on the 14th Oct. i was told at the dealership it would be towards the end of Sept so im just wondering if the delays are due to the amount of orders they are getting rather than the R link system. im just hoping for no further delays as my current car is due a service and tax towards the end of Oct lol

·
Registered
45 Posts
Think you are right the R Link hasn't delayed my order. It's the volume of orders & the fact that the factory closes for the full of August I think!!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
dealer here abroad has been selling them like `hot cakes` and as anticipated the problem is demand rather than anything else...Good for Renault, but not for customers wanting a quick delivery.
There are cars around in specific colours and with certain specification that can be had, or are currently demonstrators, but if you want your own specification and options, you have to wait...Let`s hope that my delivery in the second week of October stands!!
Getting excited and impatient!....lol!

By the way... R- link is a good option...and one of the ways that they offered discount on the car here in Poland.

No four year warranty here...just two years...You can purchase an additional two years for 700PLN...about £145... not bad really..

The price of accessories is much cheaper thankfully, but that has to be the case and has to be relative to considerably lower earnings

1 - 9 of 9 Posts