Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gutted, visited the dealers today only to find out my car is delayed by 2 weeks. So the new date given subject to change the 15th October.
Nothing can change this date so got to take it on the chin I suppose. Tried my arm and suggested they throw in the ipad they were doing as a give away if you bought a new car this weekend. After he stopped laughing he managed to say ah no!
To be honest he was very nice and apologetic although he wasn't sure why there was a delay its just the date has been moved to the 15th.
Ah we'll the brite side is I have my car for a extra 2 weeks so my wife will still be able to say slow down. Words that I don't expect to hear after the 15th.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Was just informed yesterday my car is in the U.K. Just got to get the extras I added to get fitted. Had to go to the dealers with the paperwork to change the plates over so hopefully the 15th should be a viable date.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Well that's better news, at least now its in the UK they'll knowwhere it is so I expect they'll be able to keep pretty accurate progress of it

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lols yes TC Eddy no more of that any more. If she ever says speed up, I'll THROTTLE her. mhhh think I did a little play on words there.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Now, now Dr65....I can see you're getting really excited...keep taking the pills...,

I'm away to try and get my private plates ordered...I wonder how long that will take in this country?....Then we'll be able to enjoy the car for the first time....I'm hoping by the 10th October...

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes Ythsie, been told the wait here is about ten days. Im hoping this is all done before it gets to the dealer. So it's a case of just picking the car up when it gets there.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Dropped into my dealer yesterday (October 3rd) and we had a look at the latest status from Renault. Dynamique MediaNav TCE90 +RLink, ordered June 25th. Currently in the factory with Factory Exit Date expected 8th October. Delivery to dealer by 6th November. He then expects three days for registration (including RLink!), PDI, valet etc., so I should/might get it by 11th November (weekend in the way!).Or, of course, it might come earlier as there is little to add in the UK. We shall see.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Good news
, mine turned round in two weeks last time I changed plates so hopefully it's quicker now.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hi kitbooth, you seem to have been waiting a long time for your Captur. I ordered mine 5 days after you and picked it up on 14 Sept and it included two tone colour and R Link. Have they told you why there have been such a delay? All I can say is that it will be worth waiting for!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Iang is right, that is some wait considering I ordered about the 20th august and the date I had has been lengthened by 2 weeks. Hope it gets brought forward for you as it has to a few others.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great news, not was told by the dealer today a hold has been put on my vehicle. After an investigation she has found the hold is because the armrest they are putting on it is on back order. OMG

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Dr65, Please take my advice and ask for it without the armrest! There are BIG problems with that, as It's supposed to come from France!

I've taken my car and it is possible that there is a delay of up to six weeks!!!!! So I was told by my dealer who will fit it when it arrives.

MOST, if not all, accessories are fitted by the dealer here in Poland. My front parking sensors have been fitted, but there is a DELAY on the wiring loom...so yet another item it will go back for.

If I were you, I would prefer to have it, and have the armrest fitted later.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had an email from my dealership to say my captur arrives at the end of next week. I will get it the week after as they have to prepare it etc for me. So happy that I'm so near to getting it!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Great CazB!....you'll soon be joining the club...in action

Remind me which one you've gone for...and what colour?

I hope Mary's not reading this...because if you say blue...I've had it!!! lol!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
lol. I have gone for the Dynamique S 90TCe. Extras were the heated seats I wanted and RLink. The colour I went for was black with ivory roof. I liked my black micra I had a few years back so thought I'd try the black again.

Bit worried as I ordered over the phone at the end of August. Just hope the car is as I want it when it arrives!

·
Registered
306 Posts
OMG indeed Dr65are they saying that the carwould be ready to collect in the next few days if it wasn't for the armrest?that's plain bonkers if true as it can be fitted at a later date

1 - 19 of 19 Posts