Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After waiting 3 mths for my Captur Dynamique S diesel - I took delivery today - I was immediately let down when I found the car was delivered with chrome finishing instead of my specification of gloss black. After expressing my dissatisfaction to the sales manager and his frantic calls to Renault - his solution - to order a car with the black finish and swop the parts over - I now wait and see!
Took the car and it has met my expectations - good consumption , good road holding and very quiet on the road( compared to my 2ltre 2010 spec Kia Sportage)
I'm sure tomorrow I shall be in a better mood - but it's taken the shine off having a new car that is all about customers choice!!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Only downside so far - is the one reported by auto express with their fleet car - annoying Bluetooth connection problem with my IPhone - it is like a loose wire - which makes the sound "jump" during a song

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I hope this is not a common problem Craistir...you're the second person on the forum to get a car delivered with the wrong finish.. annoying!!

Was it a dealer glitch or Renault?

Glad you luke it otherwise...Enjoy!!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hi, I was the first person to mention that my car was built with the wrong gloss pack, I was sorry to hear that it has happened to you too, unfortunately I am sure we won't be the last! The dealership said to me that the parts cannot be swapped over so offered me two options. Option 1 was to order another car and wait two weeks or take the car as it is with £1,500 off. I took the latter as although disappointed I didn't dislike the gloss pack they had put on and it has definitely grown on me. I quite like it now. I hope you like yours.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback folks - I am not convinced that swopping parts will be satisfactory - as I have already found a popped out panel under the front offside headlamp - I've pushed it back in - clearly the panels are not flush and gripping - will check it in daylight.
Dealer "suggested" that my Manhattan colour scheme may not be compatible with black gloss finish on the Renault ordering website - but he was not saying it was Renaults fault - but nor did he accept fault
If the dealer offers compensation - I may end up accepting that . But if I don 't get some resolution I will take it up with Renault Uk

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dealer called today to say they will swop over the panels with another car - chrome for black finishes. So just waiting on an appointment - dealer keen not to involve Renault UK

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.