Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After waiting 3 mths for my Captur Dynamique S diesel - I took delivery today - I was immediately let down when I found the car was delivered with chrome finishing instead of my specification of gloss black. After expressing my dissatisfaction to the sales manager and his frantic calls to Renault - his solution - to order a car with the black finish and swop the parts over - I now wait and see!
Took the car and it has met my expectations - good consumption , good road holding and very quiet on the road( compared to my 2ltre 2010 spec Kia Sportage)
I'm sure tomorrow I shall be in a better mood - but it's taken the shine off having a new car that is all about customers choice!!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Only downside so far - is the one reported by auto express with their fleet car - annoying Bluetooth connection problem with my IPhone - it is like a loose wire - which makes the sound "jump" during a song

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I hope this is not a common problem Craistir...you're the second person on the forum to get a car delivered with the wrong finish.. annoying!!

Was it a dealer glitch or Renault?

Glad you luke it otherwise...Enjoy!!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hi, I was the first person to mention that my car was built with the wrong gloss pack, I was sorry to hear that it has happened to you too, unfortunately I am sure we won't be the last! The dealership said to me that the parts cannot be swapped over so offered me two options. Option 1 was to order another car and wait two weeks or take the car as it is with £1,500 off. I took the latter as although disappointed I didn't dislike the gloss pack they had put on and it has definitely grown on me. I quite like it now. I hope you like yours.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback folks - I am not convinced that swopping parts will be satisfactory - as I have already found a popped out panel under the front offside headlamp - I've pushed it back in - clearly the panels are not flush and gripping - will check it in daylight.
Dealer "suggested" that my Manhattan colour scheme may not be compatible with black gloss finish on the Renault ordering website - but he was not saying it was Renaults fault - but nor did he accept fault
If the dealer offers compensation - I may end up accepting that . But if I don 't get some resolution I will take it up with Renault Uk

·
Registered
317 Posts
According to the Captur brochure you can have either the black or ivory gloss pack with the manhattan colours. Please let us know how you go on.Edited by: iang

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks iang - that's what I thought when I placed my order - I have never yet found a car salesman that knew more about the cars they sold than myself !

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dealer called today to say they will swop over the panels with another car - chrome for black finishes. So just waiting on an appointment - dealer keen not to involve Renault UK

·
Registered
317 Posts
That's good news as my dealer said they couldn't do it
It could have been also due to the fact it was delivered with the wrong coloured wheels. keep us posted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts